This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- Uses a symptom-based approach for quick diagnosis.
- Features an outline format for real-time reference.
- Focuses on the 200 conditions most frequently encountered in the emergency room.
- Presents a useful tool for evaluating the likelihood that a specific symptom - or symptoms - denotes a particular disease, and allows the reader to initiate an appropriate treatment.
- Includes new chapters on emergency situations involving biological, chemical, and radiation terrorism · chapters devoted to the challenges presented by patients with AIDS and those with organ transplants · two chapters on environmental emergencies · one chapter examining heat illness, hypothermia, and submersion injury · and a chapter on envenomations.
- Features expanded "Treatment Considerations" sections.
2. Agitation and Psychosis
4. The Alcoholic Patient
5. Back Pain, Lower
6. Back Pain, Upper
7. Biological Terrorism
9. Chemical Terrorism
10. Chest Pain
11. Dizziness (Vertigo)
12. Ear Pain
14. Extremity Pain and Numbness
15. Eye Pain and Redness
16. Fever (Elevated Temperature)
17. Fever in Children Under 2 Years of Age
18. Fractures Not to Miss
20. Heat Illness, Hypothermia, and Submersion Injury
22. The Irritable Child and Vomiting
24. Joint Pain
25. Limping Child/Child Won’t Walk
26. Mental Status Change and Coma
27. Neck Pain and Stiffness
28. Organ Transplantation
29. Palpitations and Tachycardia
30. Radiation Terrorism
32. Scrotal Pain
33. Seizure, Adult
34. Seizure, Pediatric
35. Shortness of Breath
36. Sore Throat
37. Syncope and Near-Syncope
38. Toxic Ingestion, Approach to
39. Trauma and Burns, Approach to
40. Vaginal Bleeding
41. Vision, Change in
42. Weakness and Fatigue
A. World Wide Web Resources and Decision Support
B. Emergency Drug Treatments
C. Pediatric Emergency References and Defibrillation and Cardioversion
Code Blue “Unstable¿/¿Stable¿ Reference Card
1-4160-2990-7, 978-1-4160-2990-8, Selbst & Cronan: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Secrets, 2e, Apr-2008
1-4160-2872-2, 978-1-4160-2872-7, Adams: Emergency Medicine, Expert Consult: Online and Print, Jun-2008