This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- Unique application-based focus combines the conceptual and practical frameworks to better help students achieve academic success.
- Questions in each chapter encourage critical analysis of intervention methods for a deeper understanding of the beliefs behind them.
- In-depth coverage of controversial topics challenges your understanding and debunks common myths.
- Realistic examples and case studies help you bridge theory to practice and apply intervention principles.
- Margin notes highlight important facts, questions, and vocabulary for quick reference.
- Key Questions in each chapter put concepts into an appropriate context and help you focus on essential content.
- Summary Statement and Introductory Thoughts sections provide succinct overviews of chapter content for quick familiarization with complex topics.
1. Innovative Language Intervention at School-Age Levels: What It Takes to Get There
2. Language Learning Disabilities: Where Are We?
PART TWO: A Practical Framework
3. What Language Intervention “Looks Like¿ at School-Age Levels
4. Creating “Curriculum-Relevant¿ Therapy: Making the Tough Choices
PART THREE: A Marriage of Conceptual and Practical Frameworks
5. Successful Language Literacy Intervention: A Look Back to Looking Ahead
6. Integrating Spoken and Written Language: An Eye Toward Becoming Literate
7. Seeing the World Through Connected Text: Bringing Structure and Content, Macro and Micro Pieces Together (Part 1)
8. Seeing the World Through Connected Text: Bringing Structure and Content, Macro and Micro Pieces Together (Part 2)
PART FOUR: Toward a Summary
9. Back into the Field: Starting to Pull the Missing Pieces Together
10. The End Becomes a New Beginning: Coming Full Circle
APPENDIX A: Examples of Scripts at Each Level Using the Book-Sharing Intervention
APPENDIX B: A Suggested Sequence of Literature-Based Intervention Activities
APPENDIX C: Interview Protocol for Eliciting Conversation, Narrative, and Expository Samples of Connected Speech
APPENDIX D: A List of Connecting Words and Definitions and Words with Similar Meanings
978-0-323-07403-2, Mosby: Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 9e, Sep-2012
0-323-04622-3, 978-0-323-04622-0, Gallena: Voice and Laryngeal Disorders, A Problem-Based Clinical Guide with Voice Samples, Oct-2006
0-323-03685-6, 978-0-323-03685-6, Paul: Language Disorders from Infancy Through Adolescence, Assessment and Intervention, 3e, Sep-2006