Mosby's Dissector for the Rehabilitation Professional,Edition 1 Exploring Human Anatomy
Publication Date: 15 May 2009
Designed specifically to meet the unique needs of students studying to become rehabilitation professionals - including physical therapists, occupational therapists, and chiropractors - this full-color dissection guide helps you connect discoveries in the dissection lab with function and pathology. With the necessary technical information you need – including content on applied anatomy, embryology, and structural histology – in 25 laboratory exploration chapters, this unique guide uses case studies and critical thinking exercises to encourage you to explore human anatomy, synthesize your findings, and apply your knowledge to clinical practice.
- Extensive coverage of the musculoskeletal and nervous system emphasizes the information on muscles, vertebral column, and the upper and lower extremities that you need as a rehabilitation health professional.
- Clinical cases, thought-provoking questions, clinical notes, and review exercises encourage you to explore through dissection and apply what you’ve learned to real-life practice.
- Sections on embryology and histology provide important insights into the origin and nature of adult anatomy and follow the national guidelines for physical therapy anatomy curricula.
- References to the most popular human anatomy atlases – Netter’s, Gray’s, Grant’s, and Clemente’s – allow for flexibility of use in any program.
- Emphasis on variations in anatomy reinforces the real-life diversity among patients.
- Over 200 full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate anatomy and dissection processes.
About the author
By Jeffrey Meldrum, PhD, Associate Professor of Anatomy and Anthropology, Department of Biological Sciences; Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, Department of Physical and Occupational Therapy, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID; and Alexander Urfer, PT, PhD, Department Chair, Professor of Physical Therapy and Physiology, Department of Physical and Occupational Therapy, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
Page Count: 224
Retail Price: £39.99