Access the information you need to confidently diagnose and treat musculoskeletal disorders at a glance! With a "5-books-in-1" approach, this essential clinical reference provides up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic information on over 200 orthopedic conditions in a bulleted, quick-reference format ideal for both students and practitioners. Content is written entirely by orthopedic physical therapists and is logically organized to promote accurate, efficient differential diagnosis and intervention.
- '5-books-in-1' format combines essential content on foundational knowledge, clinical reasoning, orthopedic pathologies, common clinical questions, and pharmacology all in one place for fast, efficient reference.
- UNIQUE: Expert insight and decision-making strategies for the rehabilitation of musculoskeletal pathologies help you apply sound clinical reasoning to determine the needs of patients with musculoskeletal disorders.
- UNIQUE: Succinct, bulleted text organizes information consistently for easy access.
- Clinician-oriented profiles cover 200 orthopedic pathologies with considerations specific to your needs in orthopedic rehabilitation practice.
- 51 drug class monographs detail indications, dosages, contraindications and physical therapy implications to help you better understand drug interactions and more effectively manage patients.
SECTION I: Foundational Knowledge
1. Tissue Injury and Healing
2. Pain Mechanisms
SECTION II: Orthopedic Reasoning
1. Clinical Reasoning and Decision Making in Orthopedic Rehabilitation
2. Upper Cervical Spine
3. Cervical Spine
4. Thoracic Spine
5. Lumbar Spine
6. Sacroiliac Joint
7. Temporomandibular and Craniofacial Dysfunction
10. Wrist and Hand 11. Hip and Thigh
13. Foot and Ankle
14. Pelvic Pain
16. Chronic Pain
17. Red Flags and Non Musculoskeletal Pain
SECTION III: Orthopedic Pathology
1. Upper Cervical Spine
2. Cervical Spine
3. Thoracic Spine
4. Lumbar Spine
5. Sacroiliac Joint
6. Craniofascial and Temporomandibular Joint
9. Hand and Wrist
10. Hip and Thigh
12. Ankle and Shin
15. Pelvic Pain and Women's Health
17. Chronic Pain
SECTION IV: Rehabilitation and Common Clinical Questions
1. Cervical Spine
2. Thoracic Spine
3. Lumbar Spine
4. Temporomandibular Joint
5. Upper Extremity
6. Lower Extremity
7. Nerve Rehabilitation
SECTION V: Pharmacology
0-323-05342-4, 978-0-323-05342-6, Sahrmann: Movement System Impairment Syndromes of the Extremities, Cervical and Thoracic Spines, Nov-2010
978-1-4377-1603-0, Magee & Sueki: Orthopedic Physical Assessment Atlas and Video, Selected Special Tests and Movements, Dec-2010
0-7216-8947-7, 978-0-7216-8947-0, Quinn & Gordon: Functional Outcomes Documentation for Rehabilitation, Jan-2003
1-4160-6221-1, 978-1-4160-6221-9, Quinn, Gordon, Quinn & Gordon: Documentation for Rehabilitation, A Guide to Clinical Decision Making, 2e, Dec-2009
978-1-4377-0896-7, Purtilo & Doherty: Ethical Dimensions in the Health Professions, 5e, Nov-2010
0-323-05669-5, 978-0-323-05669-4, Shankman & Manske: Fundamental Orthopedic Management for the Physical Therapist Assistant, 3e, Oct-2010