This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- The spiral binding and handy pocket size make this an ideal clinical companion.
- Waterproof and stain-resistant pages keep your PDQ reference guide performing like new in any clinical setting.
- Color-coded tabs and a concise index make it easy to quickly locate key information.
- Provides at-a-glance access to commonly used clinical information, such as formulas, conversions, and lab values.
- New content on Bispectral monitoring (BIS), levels of hypoxemia, neurologic emergency conditions, and an updated pulse rating scale keep you up to date with the latest advances in the field.
- New strategies for preventing ventilator-acquired pneumonia help you reduce the occurrence of this complication.
- Expanded coverage includes updated information on modes of mechanical ventilation and Intracranial Pressure (ICP).
- Coverage of pain assessment for the patient who cannot respond offers tips for providing better patient care.
- New illustrations visually reinforce essential concepts, such as defibrillation positions and venous waveform.
- An increased emphasis on safety issues provides tips and guidelines for providing safe, effective patient care.
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
Steps of EBP
Guide to Develop PICOT Questions
Cardiac Auscultatory Sites
Auscultation of the Heart
Defibrillation vs. Cardioversion
Intraaortic Balloon Pump
Cerebral Spinal Fluid Pressure Monitoring and Drainage in Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
Effect of Cardiovascular Drugs on Hemodynamics
Electrocardiograph Lead Placement
Monitoring Ischemia, Injury, and Infarction
Determining ST Segment Deviation
Components of Normal Electrocardiogram
Electrolyte Imbalances and ECG Characteristics
Rhythm Strip Interpretation
Wide QRS Tachycardia
Differentiating Bundle Branch Block
ECG Changes with Myocardial Infarctions
Emergency Cardiac Drugs
Troubleshooting Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring Lines
Radial Arterial Line
Weaning and Extubation
Topography of Abdomen
Equipment and Procedure
Age Specific Preparation of Children for Procedures
Facts: Guides, Labs and Tools
Guide to Assessing Cultural Preferences
Guide to Assessing Pain
Tools for Pain Assessment
Guide to Assess Presence of SIRS, Sepsis and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
Tool for Quantifying Organ Dysfunction
Tools to Calculate Drug Dosages
Nomogram to Determine BSA
Tools to Estimate % BSA Burn
National Safety Patient Goals 2010 — The Joint Commission
0-323-02657-5, 978-0-323-02657-4, Baird, Keen & Swearingen: Manual of Critical Care Nursing, Nursing Interventions and Collaborative Management , 5e, Jan-2005