Get immediate access to a digital review copy
The print book is not currently available.
- Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) framework demonstrates assistive technology within common, everyday contexts for more relevant application.
- Focus on clinical application guides you in applying concepts to real-world situations.
- Review questions and chapter summaries in each chapter help you assess your understanding and identify areas where more study is needed.
- Content on the impact of AT on children and the role of AT in play and education for children with disabilities demonstrates how AT can be used for early intervention and to enhance development.
- Coverage of changing AT needs throughout the lifespan emphasizes how AT fits into people’s lives and contributes to their full participation in society.
- Principles and practice of assistive technology provides the foundation for effective decision-making.
- NEW! Global issues content broadens the focus of application beyond North America to include technology applications and service delivery in developing countries.
- NEW! Ethical issues and occupational justice content exposes you to vital information as you start interacting with clients.
- NEW! More case studies added throughout the text foster an understanding of how assistive technologies are used and how they function.
- NEW! Updated content reflects current technology and helps keep you current.
- NEW! Explicit applications of the HAAT model in each of the chapters on specific technologies and more emphasis on the interactions among the elements make content even easier to understand.
2. Technologies That Assist People Who Have Disabilities
3. Activity, Human, and Context: The Human Doing an Activity in Context
4. Ethical Issues in Assistive Technology
5. Delivering Assistive Technology Services to the Consumer
6. Making the Connection: User Inputs for Assistive Technologies
7. Control Interfaces for Assistive Technologies
8. Accessing Mainstream Information and Communication Technologies: The Technology and the Web
9. Enabling Function and Participation with Seating Technologies
10. Technologies That Enable Mobility
11. Technologies That Aid Transportation
12. Technologies That Aid Manipulation and Control of the Environment
13. Sensory Aids for Persons with Visual Impairments
14. Sensory Aids for Persons with Auditory Impairment
15. Assistive Technologies for Cognitive Augmentation
16. Augmentative and Alternative Communication Systems