Reinforce your knowledge of the pharmacy technician role, and prepare for certification exams! Corresponding to the chapters in Pharmacy Practice for Today’s Pharmacy Technician: Career Training for the Pharmacy Technician, by LiAnne Webster, this practical workbook offers a wide variety of review questions relating to essential pharmacy technician tasks and skills. Critical thinking exercises help you apply what you’ve learned to real-life situations in pharmacy practice.
- Fill-in-the-blank, matching, and multiple-choice questions test your understanding of chapter terminology and content, and help you prepare for exams.
- Critical Thinking exercises in each chapter use case studies to apply what you’ve learned to real-life situations.
- Internet research activities ask you to perform online research.
Unit I: An Introduction to Pharmacy Practice
1. Historical Review of Pharmacy Practice
2. Pharmacy Law and State Boards of Pharmacy: Examining Regulatory Standards that Govern Pharmacy Practice
3. The Study of Bioethics in Pharmacy Technician Practice
4. Pharmacy Professional Organizations
5. Medical Terminology: Learning the Language of the Medication Order
Unit II: Community Pharmacy Practice
6. The Structure and Workflow Processes of the Community Pharmacy Practice
7. Team Building and Professionalism in Pharmacy Practice
8. Pharmacology: The Study of Drugs and Their Effects
9. Introduction to Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms
10. Pharmaceutical Calculations
11. The Principles of Non-Sterile Pharmaceutical Compounding
12. Pharmacy Billing and Claims Processing
13. Cultural Competence: The Journey to Effective Communication in a Culturally Diverse Society
14. Infection Control
15. Pharmacy Materials Management
16. Medication Safety and Error Prevention
Unit III: Institutional Pharmacy Practice
17. The Structure & Organization of Institutional Pharmacy Practice
18. Institutional Pharmacy Practice II: Drug Distribution Systems
19. Aseptic Admixture & Compounding Sterile Preparations
20. Green Pharmacy Practice
21. Preparing for What Lies Ahead: The Technician Career Path Overview
22. Identifying Quality Leadership and CQI Process Management in Pharmacy Practice
23. Certification Review for Pharmacy Technicians