Prepare for success on respiratory therapy credentialing exams! Updated to reflect the 2009 National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) content outlines, Sills' The Comprehensive Respiratory Therapist's Exam Review, 5th Edition helps you review for both entry and advanced level credentialing exams. It covers every testable subject, providing content review, self-assessment questions, and study hints. The new Evolve website contains electronic testing offering realistic practice for the entry-level credentialing exam and the advanced-level credentialing Written Registry Exam (WRE) and Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE).
- Self-study questions at the end of each chapter include an answer key with rationales to help you analyze your strengths and weaknesses in content learned.
- UNIQUE! Exam Hint boxes point out point out subjects that are frequently tested, helping you study, plan your time, and improve your test-taking skills.
- Rationales for each question provide feedback for correct and incorrect answers so you understand why an answer is correct or incorrect and retain information better.
- Difficulty level codes (recall, application, analysis) for each question on Evolve help you prepare for questions in the way that is most appropriate (e.g., memorization for recall or synthesis for analysis).
- Special NBRC coding of topics corresponds to every topic covered in the NBRC Detailed Content Outline (DCO) so you can easily review each of the testable topics.
- Secure Evolve website lets you experience the actual NBRC testing environment in a computerized format.
- NEW! Therapist Multiple Choice Exam (TM-CE) practice test aligns with the new 2015 NBRC Written Exam.
- UPDATED! Revised content reflects the 2015 NBRC Detailed Content Outline and examination matrix so you know exactly what to expect on the exams — and can review each of the areas covered on the matrix.
- NEW! More analysis-type questions added to the end-of-chapter self-study questions reflect changes in the matrix content outlines.
- NEW! Greater consistency in formulas, abbreviations, and equations achieved through aligning the text and Evolve site to comprehensive Abbreviation and Equation Glossaries.
- EXPANDED! 22 clinical simulations feature shortened sections and align with the new 2015 NBRC Clinical Simulation Exam in both study mode and exam mode, giving you the opportunity to practice this difficult portion of the Registry Exam on Evolve.
- NEW! Standard Normal Range Guide features reference tables with normal values of various parameters used in respiratory care assessment.
- EXPANDED! New practice exams on Evolve, including one 140-question TM-CE with automatic scoring to delineate entry and advanced credentialing levels, let you assess your understanding in both study (untimed) and exam (timed) modes.
2. Infection Control
3. Blood Gas Sampling, Analysis, Monitoring and Interpretation
4. Pulmonary Function Testing
5. Advanced Cardiopulmonary Monitoring
6. Oxygen and Medical Gas Therapy
7. Hyperinflation Therapy
8. Humidity and Aerosol Therapy
10. Bronchopulmonary Hygiene Therapy
11. Cardiac Monitoring and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
12. Airway Management
13. Suctioning the Airway
14. Intermittent Positive-Pressure Breathing (IPPB)
15. Mechanical Ventilation of the Adult
16. Mechanical Ventilation of the Neonate
17. Home Care and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Appendix: Answer Key for Self-study Questions