Drug Calculations Ratio and Proportion Problems for Clinical PracticeEdition 10
- GBP: £53.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Covering the ratio and proportion method of drug calculations, Drug Calculations: Ratio and Proportion Problems for Clinical Practice, 9th Edition provides clear, step-by-step explanations and concise examples to ensure safety and accuracy. Unique to this book, a "proof" step in the answer key lets you double-check your calculation results to avoid medication errors. Safety is also addressed through the inclusion of Quality & Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) information and with features such as Clinical Alerts and High Alert drug icons calling attention to situations in actual practice that have resulted in drug errors. Written by Meta Brown Seltzer and Joyce Mulholland, this text includes extensive hands-on practice with calculation problems, critical thinking exercises, worksheets, and assessment tests. And to boost your proficiency, a companion Evolve website adds more than 600 additional practice problems.
- Over 1,100 practice problems in ratio and proportion offer the extensive practice needed to become proficient in drug calculations.
- Step-by-step format for each problem includes a unique Proof step in the answer key to ensure that you understand the solution.
- Patient Safety chapter helps you prevent medication errors and understand drug labels, medication administration forms, and physician's order forms.
- Multiple-choice Worksheets within each chapter help you prepare for the NCLEX examination.
- Critical thinking exercises aid you in applying analytical skills and drug calculations to clinical practice.
- Clinical Alerts highlight potential and common drug calculation errors.
- Full-color drug labels and equipment illustrations provide you with a realistic representation of medication administration and what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
- Detailed coverage of the ratio and proportion method provides a logical, accurate, and consistent method of drug calculation.
- Worksheets follow each chapter section for additional practice and application of drug calculations.
- NEW! Vocabulary section at the beginning of each chapter provides you with a convenient reference to definitions of terms used throughout the chapter.
- NEW! Clinical Relevance boxes integrate medication–related clinical practice concepts, such as: nursing practice, high-risk medications, safety issues, and common administration errors.
1. General Mathematics
2. Ratio & Proportion
3. Safe Medication Administration
4. Medication Measurements and Oral Dose Calculations
5. Injectable Medication Calculations
6. Reconstitution of Medications from Powders and Crystals: Oral and Intramuscular
7. Basic Intravenous Therapy Calculations
8. Advanced Intravenous Calculations
9. Parenteral Nutrition
10. Insulin Administration
12. Children’s Dosages
Multiple Choice Final