Dorland's Dictionary of Medical Acronyms and Abbreviations Edition 7
- GBP: £25.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Medical acronyms and abbreviations offer convenience, but those countless shortcuts can often be confusing. Now a part of the popular Dorland’s suite of products, this reference features thousands of terms from across various medical specialties. Its alphabetical arrangement makes for quick reference, and expanded coverage of symbols ensures they are easier to find.
Effective communication plays an important role in all medical settings, so turn to this trusted volume for nearly any medical abbreviation you might encounter.
- Symbols section makes it easier to locate unusual or seldom-used symbols.
- Convenient alphabetical format allows you to find the entry you need more intuitively.
- More than 90,000 entries and definitions.
- Many new and updated entries including terminology in expanding specialties, such as Nursing; Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies; Transcription and Coding; Computer and Technical Fields.
- New section on abbreviations to avoid, including Joint Commission abbreviations that are not to be used.
- Incorporates updates suggested by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP).
Abbreviations to Avoid
A-Z Acronyms and Abbreviations