Get the most from your fundamentals education with the Study Guide for Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition! Corresponding to the chapters in Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition, this study guide helps reinforce your understanding of key nursing concepts through review questions, exercises, and learning activities. Also included are online skills checklists that walk you through all of the nursing procedures found in your fundamentals text.
- Comprehensive understanding sections help you master the content through detailed coverage of each chapter.
- Multiple-choice review questions evaluate your understanding of key chapter content.
- Critical thinking exercises help you develop a framework for learning fundamentals concepts.
- Preliminary readings refer back to related chapters in Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition.
- NEW! Additional critical thinking models visually clarify case study takeaways.
- UPDATED! Content mirrors new information in Fundamentals of Nursing, 9th Edition.
Unit 1: Nursing and the Health Care Environment
1. Nursing Today
2. The Health Care Delivery System
3. Community-Based Nursing Practice
4. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
5. Evidence-Based Practice
Unit 2: Caring Throughout the Life Span
6. Health and Wellness
7. Caring in Nursing Practice
8. Caring for the Cancer Survivor
9. Cultural Awareness
10. Caring for Families
11. Developmental Theories
12. Conception Through Adolescence
13. Young to Middle Adult
14. Older Adult
Unit 3: Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
15. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
16. Nursing Assessment
17. Nursing Diagnosis
18. Planning Nursing Care
19. Implementing Nursing Care
21. Managing Patient Care
Unit 4: Professional Standards in Nursing Practice
22. Ethics and Values
23. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice
25. Patient Education
26. Documentation and Informatics
Unit 5: Foundations for Nursing Practice
27. Patient Safety and Quality
29. Infection Prevention and Control
30. Vital Signs
31. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
32. Medication Administration
33. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit 6: Psychosocial Basis for Nursing Practice
36. Spiritual Health
37. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief
38. Stress and Coping
Unit 7: Physiological Basis for Nursing Practice
39. Activity and Exercise
42. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
44. Pain Management
46. Urinary Elimination
47. Bowel Elimination
48. Skin Integrity and Wound Care
49. Sensory Alterations
50. Care of Surgical Patients