Learn to recognize, diagnose, and manage a wide range of common ocular conditions with Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 6th Edition. This thoroughly updated text provides the latest, most practical information on structure and function of the eye, ocular development, pathology, examination and diagnosis, surgical procedures, ophthalmic pharmacology and therapeutics, and management of ocular emergencies. Enhanced and logically organized coverage includes dogs, cats, horses, livestock, birds, and other exotics species. In addition, over 1,000 color photos and illustrations accurately depict ocular conditions and demonstrate surgical techniques encountered in practice. Edited by three of the most revered authorities in the field of veterinary ophthalmology, this reference is an essential aid to successful veterinary education and practice.
- Clinical Tips boxes such as "The Controversy Remains", "Did You Know?", "Look Again", and "Note" offer helpful practice advice and facts.
- UPDATED Additional species added to the exotics chapter include birds, small mammals, and others.
- A team of internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists provide comprehensive, clinical expertise in all areas needed to evaluate, diagnose, manage, and monitor a patient with ophthalmic disease.
- Practical, clinically focused coverage provides a one-stop diagnostic guide to ophthalmic disease in small and large animals including dogs, cats, horses, livestock (cows, sheep, goats), birds, and exotic pets.
- Chapters on equine, livestock, and exotic pet ophthalmology written by specialists in these fields for the most clinically relevant coverage.
- NEW! Chapter on ophthalmic surgical techniques describes instrument and suture choice, patient positioning, surgical preparation, and general techniques.
- NEW! Additional drawings depict ophthalmic surgeries.
- NEW! In-depth equine and livestock ophthalmology content
- NEW! Suggested reading lists included at the end of each chapter.
1. The Eye and Vision
2. The Ophthalmic Examination and Diagnostic Testing
3. Ophthalmic Medications and Therapeutics
4. Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery
5. Diseases of the Orbit
6. Diseases of the Eyelids
7. Diseases of the Conjunctiva
8. Diseases of the Third Eyelid
9. Diseases of the Lacrimal System
10. Diseases of the Cornea and Sclera
11. Diseases of the Uvea
12. The Glaucomas
13. Diseases of the Lens
14. Diseases of the Vitreous
15. Diseases of the Retina
16. Neuroophthalmic Diseases
17. Ophthalmic Emergencies
18. Equine Ophthalmology
19. Livestock Ophthalmology
20. Exotic Pet and Avian Ophthalmology
APPENDIX Breed Predisposition to Eye Disorders