Written with the radiography student in mind, Digital Radiography and PACS, 3rd Edition addresses today’s digital imaging systems, including computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR), and picture archiving and communications systems (PACS). This new edition incorporates the latest technical terminology and has been updated to reflect the 2017 ASRT Core Curriculum guidelines. It includes tips on acquiring, processing, and producing clear radiographic images, performing advanced image processing and manipulation functions on CR/DR workstations, storing images with PACS workstations, and a guide to quality control and management. Coauthored by radiography educators Christi Carter and Beth Veale, this text is designed to help you produce clear radiographic images and learn to provide safe archiving solutions.
- Coverage of digital imaging and PACS is provided at the right level for student radiographers and for practicing technologists transitioning to digital imaging.
- Chapter outlines, learning objectives, and key terms at the beginning of each chapter introduce the chapter content, and help you organize study and boost comprehension.
- Bulleted summaries recap the main points of each chapter, ensuring that you focus on the most important concepts.
- Review questions at the end of the chapters are linked to the chapter objectives and help you assess your understanding of the material.
- NEW! Latest information on digital imaging systems includes computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR), and picture archiving and communications systems (PACS) as well as the data required by practicing technologists who are transitioning to digital imaging.
- NEW! Updated guidelines reflect the 2017 ASRT Core Curriculum.
- NEW! Latest technical terminology incorporated throughout the text.
- NEW! Streamlined technical concepts help you understand and digest complicated material.
- NEW! Chapter focuses specifically on medical informatics in radiography
Part I: Introduction
1. Introduction to Digital Radiography and PACS
Part II: Basic Principles of Digital Radiography
2. Digital Image Characteristics
3. Digital Radiographic Image Processing and Manipulation
Part III: Digital Image Acquisition
4. Photostimulable Phosphor Image Capture
5. Flat Panel Array Image Acquisition
6. CCD/ CMOS Image Capture
Part IV: PACS
7. Basic Computer Principles
8. Networking and Communication Basics
9. PACS Fundamentals
10. PACS Archiving and Peripherals
11. Medical Informatics
Part V: Quality Control and Quality Management
12. Ensuring Quality in PACS
13. Quality Acceptance Testing within Digital Projection Imaging