Miller's Anatomy of the Dog Edition 5
- GBP: £136.00
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Featuring unparalleled full-color illustrations and detailed descriptions, Miller and Evan’s Anatomy of the Dog, 5th Edition makes it easy to master the intricate details of canine morphology. Content has been updated throughout the text to reflect the latest knowledge regarding the development, structure, and function of the canine body. Chapters in the text are logically organized by body system and written by expert anatomists who lend their extensive knowledge of particular structures. Plus, there’s a special introductory chapter on breed categories from the American Kennel Club to help you understand dog breeds and how they are determined. This new edition also features an enhanced focus on digital radiology and includes upgraded MR and CT scans throughout the text. Most notably, however, are the elaborate full-color illustrations by expert medical illustrators that bring complex anatomy to life in a way that no other vet text can. Overall, Miller and Evan’s Anatomy of the Dog is an invaluable reference for veterinary students, clinicians, technicians, breeders, and animal specialists alike.
- Elaborate full-color illustrations created by expert medical illustrators bring canine structures to life and enhance your understanding of their function.
- The most up-to-date nomenclature from the Nomina Anatomica Veterinaria (NAV) ¿ the standard reference for anatomical (zootomical) terminology — is reflected throughout the text’s content.
- Up-to-date text and bibliographic references from the most current literature offer easy access to all primary sources of information for further study and interpretation.
- Expert anatomist authors contribute their current knowledge of particular structures.
- Chapters logically organized by body system follows the course structure in most veterinary school curricula.
- Coverage of AKC breed categories offers a basic understanding of dog breeds and how they are determined by the American Kennel Club.
- NEW! Co-editor John W. Hermanson joins the team of Evans and de Lahunta to provide further expertise in the areas of anatomy and comparative anatomy.
- NEW! Upgraded digital radiology with a special emphasis on MR and CT scans has been incorporated throughout the text.
- The Dog and Its Relatives
- Prenatal Development
- The Integument
- The Skeleton
- The Muscular System
- The Digestive Apparatus and Abdomen
- The Respiratory System
- The Urogenital System
- The Endocrine System
- The Heart and Arteries
- The Veins
- The Lymphatic System
- Introduction to the Nervous System
- The Autonomic Nervous System
- The Spinal Cord and Meninges
- The Spinal Nerves
- The Brain
- The Cranial Nerves
- The Ear
- The Eye