Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion Edition 8
- GBP: £112.00
The print book is not currently available.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Globally recognize TMD expert author Jeff Okeson details the most current and effective solutions around.
- Evidence-Based Practice focus helps you to put the information and techniques in this book into practice to better the lives and relieve the suffering of your patients.
- Logical organization of content includes functional anatomy, etiology and identification of disturbances, treatment of disturbances, and occlusal therapy.
- Full-color design provides more vivid clinical photos and illustrations.
- Robust Art Program allows you to fully understand normal occlusion and masticatory function and learn to recognize and help manage abnormalities in these areas.
- Clinical Comment boxes give you critical thinking points and instructions on how to apply these to everyday clinical practice.
- NEW! Updated content includes enhanced research evidence.
- NEW! Clinical Photo Updates in Examination Chapter differentiate and strengthen images from the current edition.
- NEW! Addition of Expert Consult Site furthers your understanding of treatment goals and outcomes.
Part I: Functional Anatomy
1. Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Masticatory System
2. Functional Neuroanatomy and Physiology of the Masticatory System
3. Alignment and Occlusion of the Dentition
4. Mechanics of Mandibular Movement
5. Criteria for Optimal Functional Occlusion
6. Determinants of Occlusal Morphology
Part II: Etiology Considerations of Temporomandibular Disorders
7. Etiology of Functional Disturbances in the Masticatory System
8. Signs and Symptoms of Temporomandibular Disorders
9. History of and Examination for Temporomandibular Disorders
10. Diagnosis of Temporomandibular Disorders
Part III: Treatment of Functional Disturbances of the Masticatory System
11. General Considerations in the Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders
12. Treatment of Masticatory Muscle Disorders
13. Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
14. Treatment of Chronic Mandibular Hypomobility and Growth Disorders
15. Occlusal Appliance Therapy
16. Treatment Sequencing and Diagnostic Algorithms
Part IV: Occlusal Therapy
17. General Considerations in Occlusal Therapy
18. Use of Articulators in Occlusal Therapy
19. Selective Grinding
20. Restorative Considerations in Occlusal Therapy