This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- NEW! Updated and enhanced content throughout reflects latest research evidence.
- NEW! Two added chapters cover problems in achieving pain control and their solutions; and recent advances in local anesthesia.
- NEW! Addition of an Expert Consult Site allows you to search the entire book electronically.
Part I: Drugs
2. Pharmacology of Local Anesthetics
3. Pharmacology of Vasoconstrictors
4. Clinical Action of Specific Agents
Part II: The Armamentarium
5. The Syringe
6. The Needle
7. The Cartridge
8. Additional Armamentarium
9. Preparation of the Armamentarium
Part III: Techniques of Regional Anesthesia in Dentistry
10. Physical and Psychological Evaluation
11. Basic Injection Technique
12. Anatomical Considerations
13. Techniques of Maxillary Anesthesia
14. Techniques of Mandibular Anesthesia
15. Supplemental Injection Techniques
16. Local Anesthetic Considerations in Dental Specialties
Part IV: Complications, Legal Considerations, Questions, and The Future
17. Local Complications
18. Systemic Complications
19. Problems in Achieving Pain Control
20. Recent Advances in Local Anesthesia
21. Future Trends in Pain Control
22. Frequently Asked Questions
23. Legal Considerations