- Practical step-by-step guide to peripheral vascular ultrasound.
- Explains the basic scientific principles of ultrasound instrumention and blood flow.
- Fully illustrated with 175 black and white scans, 150 colour scans and 220 black and white and colour line drawings.
- Contributions from leading names in peripheral vascular ultrasound.
- Accompanying DVD includes cine loops of ultrasound scans in normal and diseased vessels and of optimum scans to show potential pitfalls and common mistakes.
- Four new chapters and two new contributors, both clinical lecturers in vascular ultrasound.
- New chapter on treatment techniques of particular interest to vascular surgeons who increasingly are required to learn basic scanning skills.
- Sections on ultrasound instrumentation updated to cover new developments in equipment such as broadband colour imaging.
- Current practices in all the vascular ultrasound applications covered are reviewed and updated.
"Since it was first published in 1999, Vascular Ultrasound has become a standard textbook for anyone working in the field of vascular sonography... The book is comprehensively illustrated throughout with clear diagrams and images. Data tables are set out on a green background, and yellow boxes intersperse the text with hints, tips, comments and other short summaries of information. This layout makes the book easy to use with the reader being able to ‘home in’ on the relevant information quickly.... I highly recommend this book as a comprehensive text covering all aspects of vascular ultrasound for the vascular technologist or sonographer specializing in this area of investigation." Ultrasound, May 2010