Transplantation - Print and E-Book A Companion to Specialist Surgical PracticeEdition 5
- GBP: £84.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Transplantaton meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
- This new Fourth Edition is presented in colour throughout, including colour photographs of operative procedures, investigations and clinical signs throughout.
- The entire contents have been comprehensively updated with particular reference to the evidence-based content of each chapter.
- An expanded group of authors provides an increased international dimension to the content of all volumes.
Purchase of a print copy includes a downloadable version of the eBook which you can also access on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
In addition the books are available for purchase as a single volume or as part of a set of all eight volumes in an elegant slipcase.
Fully updated to reflect the multidisciplinary team approach to transplant medicine.
• Organ donation in the UK: recent progress and future challenges
• Immunology of graft rejection
• Testing for histocompatibility
• Immunosuppression with the kidney as paradigm
• Preservation and perfusion of abdominal organs for transplantation
• Recent trends in kidney transplantation
• Liver transplantation
• Pancreas transplantation
• Islet transplantation
• Cardiothoracic transplantation
• Transplant infectious disease
• Chronic transplant dysfunction