Now fully revised and updated, Clinical Biochemistry, third edition is essential reading for specialty trainees, particularly those preparing for postgraduate examinations. It is also an invaluable current reference for all established practitioners, including both medical and scientist clinical biochemists.
Building on the success of previous editions, this leading textbook primarily focuses on clinical aspects of the subject, giving detailed coverage of all conditions where clinical biochemistry is used in diagnosis and management – including nutritional disorders, diabetes, inherited metabolic disease, metabolic bone disease, renal calculi and dyslipidaemias. The acquisition and interpretation of clinical biochemical data are also discussed in detail.
- Expanded sections on haematology and immunology for clinical biochemists provide a thorough understanding of both laboratory and clinical aspects
- New chapters are included on important evolving areas such as the metabolic response to stress, forensic aspects of clinical biochemistry and data quality management
- An extended editorial team - including three expert new additions – ensures accuracy of information and relevance to current curricula and clinical practice
- A superb new accompanying electronic version provides an enhanced learning experience and rapid reference anytime, anywhere!
Enhanced eBooks for medical professionals
Compatible with PC, Mac®, most mobile devices and eReaders, browse, search, and interact with this title – online and offline. Redeem your PIN at expertconsult.com today!
- Straightforward navigation and search across all Elsevier titles
- Seamless, real-time integration between devices
- Adjustable text size and brightness
- Notes and highlights sharing with other users through social media
- Interactive content
Elizabeth Hall, Annals of Clinical Biochemistry