Advanced Operative Dentistry A Practical ApproachEdition 1
- GBP: £39.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
Advanced Operative Dentistry: A Practical Approach is a brand new volume that addresses the use of fixed prosthodontics in a single handy reference source.
Prepared by editors and contributors of international renown, this volume places unique emphasis on the biological basis of effective treatment planning by describing the diagnosis, aetiology, risk assessment and preventive management of diseases and disorders and how these factors are integral to predictable long-term patient outcomes.
Advanced Operative Dentistry: A Practical Approach also gives clear advice on the selection and use of modern dental materials and describes how teeth are prepared – and to what extent – for indirect restorations such as crowns, bridges, veneers, inlays and onlays. The book also explores the use of complex indirect fixed prosthodontics which brings with it specific issues of restoration design, retention and occlusal management.
Clearly written and evidenced-based throughout, this practical full colour step-by-step guide will be ideal for undergraduate dental students, vocational trainees and practitioners undertaking post-graduate exams worldwide.
- Prepared by editors and contributors of international renown
- Contains an abundance of full colour, clinical illustrations to show the results that can be achieved in real life
- Describes how to achieve the best appearance in order to meet increasing patient expectations
- Discusses the use of fixed prosthodontics in one volume and how fixed and removable prosthodontics can be integrated
- Gives unique emphasis on the preventative, biological approach to the use of fixed prosthodontics in order to ensure positive long-term treatment outcomes
- Clearly illustrates why aspects of tooth preparation are necessary and how the construction of restorations influences their fit
- Provides an integrated, multidisciplinary step-by-step guide to the provision of indirect fixed restorations
- Provides guidance on effective communication with laboratory staff to ensure high-quality tooth preparation
- Describes the correct handling of materials and restorations when being fitted
- Presents the latest findings regarding the use of contemporary materials and techniques – such as the use of Expasyl, Protemp temporary crowns, CAD and CAM crowns
- Comprehensive coverage of the subject area makes cross-referencing to other books unnecessary
1. Management of dental caries
2. Periodontal disease
3. Endodontic problems in advanced operative dentistry
4. Tooth wear
5. Aesthetic problems
8. Gold crowns
9. Gold restorations: the metals, the manufacture and the fit
10. Metal–ceramic crowns
11. All-ceramic crowns
12. Inlays, onlays and veneers
13. Impression materials and techniques
14. Provisional restorations
15. Getting the appearance correct
16. Complex multiple fixed and combined fixed and removable prosthodontics
17. When and how to replace missing teeth
18. Minimal preparation (resin retained) bridges
19. Conventional bridges