Get immediate access to a digital review copy
The print book is not currently available.
Baillière's Midwives' Dictionary remains the dictionary of choice for midwives throughout the world!
The 13th edition of this established and well-respected pocket dictionary has been thoroughly revised and updated to meet the needs of midwives in a variety of clinical settings throughout the world. Woman friendly in approach with a variety of helpful illustrations, the dictionary also contains helpful appendices - post-partum haemorrhage, maternal basic life support, neonatal resuscitation, management of shoulder dystocia, and cord prolapse - together with a useful glossary.
- User friendly text presented in a handy pocket size format
- Woman friendly definitions
- Helpful appendices address primary PPH, maternal basic life support, neonatal resuscitation, management of shoulder dystocia, and cord prolapse
- Abbreviations list defines common terms
- Suitable for all midwifery settings, from high-tech obstetric units to home births to remote isolated areas in developing countries
- Expanded number of entries to aid comprehensiveness
- Includes updates in genetics, antenatal tests and investigations, infertility terminology and techniques
Dictionary of terms
1 Management of primary postpartum haemorrhage
2 Basic life support (mother)
3 Neonatal resuscitation
4 Management of shoulder dystocia
5 Management of cord prolapse
Amazon reviews of previous edition
A fantastic little book for any student midwife, full of all the terminology ever needed - it is also small enough to keep in your pocket. Highly recommended!
This is a must have for any midwifery student...it has really helped me!