Promoting Health in Families Applying Family Research and Theory to Nursing PracticeEdition 3
- GBP: £47.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Presents a unique focus on health promotion and illness prevention for families.
- Addresses all major areas of family life, such as culture, roles, communication, stress management, nutrition, spirituality, sexuality, and recreation.
- Provides a theoretical and historical perspective of family health and family nursing.
- Focuses on the nursing process in the discussion of family care, especially specific interventions to use when working with families.
- Emphasizes key information through pedagogical features such as chapter objectives and chapter highlights.
- A diverse contributor panel includes experts from all areas of family health, both within nursing and in other health disciplines.
- Unique! A new chapter, Family Health Promotion During Life Threatening Illness and End of Life (Chapter 18), addresses families experiencing life-threatening illnesses and the end-of-life stage.
- Unique! A new chapter, Health Promotion of Families in Rural Settings (Chapter 20), describes the unique health care issues of families who live in rural settings.
- Theoretical Foundations for Family Health Nursing Practice (Chapter 4) presents an overview of the theories specific to family nursing.
- Using the Nursing Process with Families (Chapter 10) is devoted to all stages of the nursing process as applied to families.
- Family Health Promotion and Family Nursing in the New Millennium (Chapter 22) discusses the state of family health at the beginning of the twenty-first century and the potential effect of current and future trends.
- Unique! Canadian Perspective boxes highlight family nursing care practices in Canada, providing an international Perspective.
- Unique! Critical Thinking Activities challenge students to apply chapter content in practice settings.
- Promotes family health promotion research studies in Research Synopsis boxes.
- Presents and discusses "real-life" family health situations through Case Scenarios boxes.
- Offers more assessment tools that provide guidance for nurses as they assess and determine interventions for families in their care.
1. Introduction to Family Health Nursing and Promoting Family Health
2. The Twenty-First Century Family
3. Family Health Promotion and Health Protection
Unit II: Conceptual Frameworks for Nursing Practice to Promote and Protect Family Health
4. Theoretical Foundations for Family Health Nursing Practice (NEW)
5. Family Roles
6. Family Social Support
7. Family Communication
8. Family Spirituality and Religion
9. Sociocultural Influences on Family Health Promotion and Health Protection
Unit III: Family Nursing Practice
10. Using the Nursing Process with Families (NEW)
11. Family Assessment and Intervention
12. Family Health Protection
13. Family Nutrition
14. Family Stress Management
15. Family Sexuality
16. Family Routines, Rituals, Recreation, and Rules
17. Family Health Promotion During Transitions
18. Family Health Promotion During Life Threatening Illness and End of Life (NEW)
19. Family Environmental Health
20. Health Promotion of Families in Rural Settings (NEW)
Unit IV: Social and Family Policy and the Future of Family Health
21. Influences of Social and Health Policies on Family Health
22. Family Health Promotion and Family Nursing in the New Millennium (NEW)