This title is not available in digital format
The print book is not currently available.
The provision of high-quality treatment with good aesthetic outcomes and shorter treatment times are important goals for all practising orthodontists.
To facilitate these objectives, the availability of aesthetic appliances with low friction levels together with the introduction of orthodontic mini-screws have allowed faster and more efficient treatment with reduced side effects. The use of contemporary aesthetic appliances and mini-screws also negates the problems seen regarding patient compliance - which can be particularly problematic with adolescents and adults who are reluctant to use head-gear and traditional intra-oral devices.
Authored by experts of international renown, Contemporary Orthodontics: Self-Ligating Appliances, Mini-Screws and Second Molars Extraction addresses these issues and is lavishly illustrated to clearly describe the diagnosis and treatment planning of Class II and III malocclusion and the use of second molar extraction. The book particularly explores the use of the Clarity™ Self-Ligating appliance, a device which contains all of the essential features of SmartClip™ but which - by possessing improved aesthetic properties - also demonstrates greater patient acceptability and hence improvement in compliance.
Contemporary Orthodontics: Self-Ligating Appliances, Mini-Screws and Second Molars Extraction is ideal for practicing orthodontists both qualified and in training.
- Authored by experts of international renown
- Lavish use of colour photography and artwork helps explain new concepts clearly
- Demonstrates the effective use of the Clarity™ Self-Ligating appliance, a device which contains all of the essential features of SmartClip™ but which also demonstrates greater patient acceptability and hence improvement in compliance
- Explains treatment options that show more predictable outcomes, good performance sliding biomechanics, the application of low force levels and reduced treatment times
- Ideal for orthodontists worldwide – whether qualified or in training
1. Low Friction Aesthetic Brackets - Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Appliance
Characteristics of the Appliance
Prescription of the Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Appliance System
Sliding Biomechanics with the Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Appliance
Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Bracket Removal
2. Mini-screws and Biomechanics in Orthodontics
SmartClip™ Self-Ligating Appliances and orthodontic mini-screws
Surgical protocol for insertion of mini-screws
Planning the set-up of the orthodontic appliance for the insertion of mini-screws
Mini-screws as an anchorage system in orthodontic biomechanic treatment mechanics with bicuspid extractions
Class II treatment with molar distalization using mini-screws
Intrusion of teeth using mini-screws
Mesialization and uprighting of molars using mini-screws
3. Second molar extractions
Development of Second Molars and Third Molars
Why should second molars be extracted?
When should second molars be extracted?
Characteristics of patients who undergo second molar extractions
Management of the distalizing mechanics
Eruption of third molars after second molars extraction