This title is not available in digital formatRequest print copy
Once approved, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- The text offers a comprehensive exploration of the psychological and sociological factors as they apply to health, illness, impairment, and disability.
- Wide range of topics covered includes material on the details of interpersonal communication and the impact of political factors on health status.
- The issues covered in this volume are relevant to readers from all countries.
- Contributions from a new editor offer the reader an even greater amount of experience from the perspective of both a lecturer and researcher.
- New chapters including Professions and Professional Work and Participatory Research cover important topics for practitioners.
- The important topic of pain has been considerably expanded, including more content that it both up-to-date and thorough.
2. Change, diversity and influences on patterns of health and ill-health
3. Health, health education and physiotherapy practice
4. Coping with illness
5. Ageing in a social context: implications for health and social care
Part 2: The psychosocial context of health and illness
6. Sex gender and health care
7. Health care for people from ethnic minority groups
8. The psychology of pain
9. The sociology of pain
10. Recent perspectives on child development in relation to physiotherapy practice
11. The subjective experience of illness
12. Loss, bereavement and grief
Part 3: Patients and practitioners
13. Professions and professional work
14. Interpersonal communication
15. Moral decision–making in specific contexts
Part 4: Psychosocial aspects of physiotherapy practice
16. Defining disability: implications for physiotherapy practice
17. Psychological interventions in chronic illness
18. Counseling and enabling relationships
19. Researching together: a participatory approach
treasure trove, well researched and well worth reading"Therapy Weekly
good value in price and in the quantity and quality of the content . . . It deserves to be placed on the book list of all physiotherapy undergraduate courses. It is also recommended to all practicing physiotherapists."Physiotherapy