Manual of Exotic Pet Practice Edition 1
- GBP: £69.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
- Brings cutting-edge information on all exotic species together in one convenient resource.
- Offers essential strategies for preparing your staff to properly handle and treat exotic patients.
- Features an entire chapter on equipping your practice to accommodate exotic species, including the necessary equipment for housing, diagnostics, pathology, surgery, and therapeutics.
- Provides life-saving information on CPR, drugs, and supportive care for exotic animals in distress.
- Discusses wildlife rehabilitation, with valuable information on laws and regulations, establishing licensure, orphan care, and emergency care.
- Includes an entire chapter devoted to the emergency management of North American wildlife.
- Offers expert guidance on treating exotics for practitioners who may not be experienced in exotic pet care.
2. Preparing Your Hospital for Exotics
12. Mice and rats
15. Hamsters and gerbils
17. Guinea Pigs
19. North American Wildlife
This practical, user-friendly resource provides essential informationn on the care and treatment of the most common exotic pets presented in practice. The colour images in this manual as well as the numerous tables on drugs makes this book very practical to use for students and veterinarians working with exotic pets. - European Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians, July 2008
0-7216-9327-X, 978-0-7216-9327-9, Divers & Mader: Reptile Medicine and Surgery, 2e, Dec-2005
0-323-02600-1, 978-0-323-02600-0, Nelson & Couto: Manual of Small Animal Internal Medicine, 2e, Dec-2004
0-7216-0180-4, 978-0-7216-0180-9, Carpenter: Exotic Animal Formulary, 3e, Dec-2004
1-4160-6593-8, 978-1-4160-6593-7, Ettinger & Feldman: Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine Expert Consult, Expert Consult, 7e, Dec-2009
978-0-7020-4743-5, Studdert, Gay & Blood: Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary, 4e, Dec-2011