Budgeting Concepts for Nurse Managers Edition 4
- GBP: £56.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Each chapter includes Learning Objectives to focus your study and a Summary and Implications for Nurse Managers to reinforce what you've learned.
- Additional Suggested Readings provides helpful resources for further research and study.
- An appendix includes numerous sample budget forms and instructions, allowing you to see firsthand the various types of budgeting forms used in day-to-day practice.
- New "Budgeting for Information Systems" chapter describes how to budget for information technology (IT), what kind of personnel you should consider hiring to support the nursing IT function, and how to evaluate IT products.
- New "Budgeting for the Operating Room" chapter covers key stakeholders in the budget development process, developing the prioritization process, and specialized aspects of the operating room budget.
- A discussion of magnet hospitals has been added, including the cost implications of applying for "magnet" status.
- Coverage now includes different delivery care models and their potential budgetary impact to a health care organization, along with Clinical Ladders and the budgetary implications of nurses "testing-up" the ladder.
- Budgeting for clinics and same-day surgery facilities is described.
- Updated and expanded content discusses budget variance analysis and interpretation of budget reports that differ from the planned budget.
- Includes the budget implications of outsourcing, and how to determine whether outsourcing is cost-effective for a particular service.
2. The Budgeting Process
3. Motivation and Incentives
4. Cost Concepts
5. Personnel Issues
7. Strategic Planning and Business Plans
8. The Operating Budget
9. Revenue Budgeting
10. Capital Budgeting (Technical Appendix: Quantitative Methods for Capital Budgeting)
11. Performance Budgeting
12. Cash Budgeting
13. Variance Analysis
14. Variance Analysis: Examples, Extensions, and Caveats
15. Budgeting for Information Systems
16. Budgeting for the Operating Room
17. Benchmarking, Productivity, and Cost-Benefit and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis
18. Costing Out Nursing Services
Additional Suggested Readings
Appendix: Sample Budget Forms and Instructions