Clinical Veterinary Advisor: The Horse Edition 1
- GBP: £54.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
No other equine quick reference comes close to providing this much accurate, timely, and clinically useful diagnostic and therapeutic information. Clinical Veterinary Advisor: The Horse is six books in one -- Diseases and Disorders, Procedures and Techniques, Differential Diagnosis, Laboratory Tests, Clinical Algorithms, and a Drug Formulary. Plus, a companion website gives you convenient, searchable access to the full text and other useful tools. Covering hundreds of current topics in a concise at-a-glance format, this authoritative resource from David A. Wilson, DVM and a group of respected contributors is a must-have guide for the busy equine or mixed-practice practitioner.
- A consistent, easy-reference format allows for quick retrieval of practical, clinical information.
- A wealth of high-quality illustrations clearly demonstrates key concepts and procedures.
- Concise, at-a-glance format offers six books in one with these sections:
- Diseases and Disorders provides at-a-glance coverage of nearly 500 common medical problems, arranged alphabetically for immediate access. Each entry presents the topic in the sequence it follows clinically, including: history and physical exam findings, diagnostic testing, treatment (including specific medications and dosages), prognosis, and recommended monitoring. References for each topic support the data presented.
- Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing over 100 important clinical procedures.
- Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 65 different clinical disorders.
- Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting 110 laboratory tests.
- Clinical Algorithms provides easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidance to clinical assessment and treatment planning for 50 of the most common clinical conditions/disorders.
- Drug Formulary is a compilation of dosages and other relevant information by expert Nathan Slovis, DVM for 145 new and current medications.
Section I – Diseases and Disorders
Section II – Procedures and Techniques
Section III – Differential Diagnosis
Section IV – Laboratory Tests
Section V – Clinical Algorithms
Section VI – Drug Formulary
1-4160-3609-1, 978-1-4160-3609-8, Orsini & Divers: Equine Emergencies, Treatment and Procedures, 3e, Nov-2007
1-4377-0152-3, 978-1-4377-0152-4, Papich: Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs, Small and Large Animal, 3e, Nov-2010
1-4160-5670-X, 978-1-4160-5670-6, Reed, Bayly & Sellon: Equine Internal Medicine, 3e, Dec-2009
1-4160-5475-8, 978-1-4160-5475-7, Robinson & Sprayberry: Current Therapy in Equine Medicine, 6e, Dec-2008
1-4160-6069-3, 978-1-4160-6069-7, Ross & Dyson: Diagnosis and Management of Lameness in the Horse, 2e, Nov-2010
978-1-4377-0920-9, Scott & Miller: Equine Dermatology, 2e, Dec-2010