Designed to accompany The Anatomy and Physiology Learning System, 4th Edition, by Edith Applegate, this study guide helps you learn and review basic A&P concepts. Each chapter emphasizes medical terminology with a set of key terms, word parts, clinical terms, and abbreviations, and then adds a variety of fun-filled learning exercises, review questions, a quiz, and a word puzzle. The study guide corresponds to the textbook chapter for chapter.
- Chapter learning objectives help you focus on the most important material.
- Key concepts are defined on the first page of each chapter in the workbook.
- Learning exercises for each chapter include short answer, matching, and diagrams to label and color.
- Self-quizzes allow you to measure your progress and understanding.
- Fun and Games features end each chapter with a variety of engaging puzzles covering words and concepts.
- A chapter summary provides a brief review of each chapter.
- A chapter review provides questions for reinforcement and review of the concepts in each chapter.
- Introduction to the Human Body
- Chemistry, Matter, and Life
- Cell Structure and Function
- Tissues and Membranes
- Integumentary System
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System
- Sensory System
- Endocrine System
- Cardiovascular System: The Heart
- Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels
- Cardiovascular System: Blood
- Lymphatic System and Body Defense
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Metabolism and Nutrition
- Urinary System and Body Fluids
- Reproductive System
Answers for Quick Check Questions
Answers for Vocabulary Quizzes
Glossary of Clinical Terms and Disorders
Glossary of Word Parts
Glossary of Abbreviations