Atlas of Sexual Violence Edition 1
- GBP: £60.99
This title is not available in digital formatOrder Print Book
To allow you to review the book immediately, we would like to supply the digital version where possible. If you prefer to request the print book or only print is available, please allow 10-14 days for delivery.
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
The ideal clinical companion for evaluating and documenting sexual violence, Atlas of Sexual Violence reflects the field's most up-to-date research and clinical practice. It reviews current practices for providing patient care to adolescent and adult victims of sexual violence, and uses diverse photographs to show variances related to race and age. Coverage of wound identification and terminology helps in accurate interpretation, documentation, and courtroom testimony. From the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN) and Tara Henry, a nationally known forensic nursing expert, this book is a durable, portable guide suitable for anyone who deals with cases of suspected sexual assault, including health care providers, social workers, attorneys, and law enforcement personnel.
- More than 250 full-color images of normal and abnormal findings assist in determining causation and accurate identification, interpretation, and documentation of injuries.
- Critical information related to clinical practice is highlighted throughout the text.
- Interpretation of anogenital findings is simplified with coverage of normal anatomy and physiology of the mouth, genitalia, anus, and rectum, as well as anogenital variances not attributable to trauma.
- Unique! Postmortem Sexual Assault Examinations chapter includes the details and photos of this specific examination.
- Photo legends note proper identification and descriptive terminology of injuries, disease, and normal variances.
- Key Terms are highlighted and defined, making it easier for healthcare providers, law enforcement, and legal professionals to use accurate medical forensic terminology for documentation and courtroom testimony.
1. Evaluation of the Sexual Assault Patient
2. Wound Identification and Documentation
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. Anogenital Dermatology
5. Consensual Intercourse
6. Anogenital Trauma
7. Postmortem Sexual Assault Examinations
978-0-323-07403-2, Mosby: Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 9e, Sep-2012
978-1-4377-0825-7, Silvestri: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 5e, Oct-2010
978-0-323-08643-1, Skidmore-Roth: Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students, 10e, Jul-2012
0-8151-3842-3, 978-0-8151-3842-6, Girardin: Color Atlas of Sexual Assault, Aug-1997