Jekel's Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health With STUDENT CONSULT Online AccessEdition 4
- GBP: £34.99
- About the Editor
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews
Jekel's Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health is the only textbook that combines the disciplines of medical epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health in one convenient resource. Written by renowned epidemiologists and public health experts, this text presents the information you need with a clinical focus, using real-life medical examples throughout. With review questions in each chapter to maximize knowledge retention and target key areas of review, it serves as an outstanding resource for USMLE prep - and is recommended by the American Board of Preventive Medicine as a top review source for its core specialty examination!
- Grasp and retain vital information easily thanks to quick-reference boxes that showcase key concepts and calculations; succinct text; and dynamic illustrations that facilitate learning in a highly visual approach.
- Spend more time reviewing and less time searching thanks to an extremely focused, "high-yield" presentation.
- Deepen your understanding of complex epidemiology and biostatistics concepts through clinically focused, real-life examples.
- Gauge your mastery of public health concepts and build confidence with case-based questions - now accessed online for a more interactive experience - that provide effective chapter review and help you target key areas for further study.
- Keep up with the very latest in public health and preventive health - areas that have shown great growth in recent years. New coverage includes the epidemiology of mental health disorders, disaster planning, health care reform, and the 'One Health' concept that highlights the indelible links among the health of people, other species, and the planet itself.
- Access the complete contents online at Student Consult, plus additional tables and images, supplemental information on the One Health Initiative, the latest childhood immunization schedules, chapter highlights in PowerPoint, 300 multiple-choice chapter review questions and answers, a 177-question comprehensive review exam, and more!
Basic Epidemiologic Concepts and Principles
Epidemiologic Data Sources and Measurements
Epidemiologic Surveillance and Outbreak Investigation
The Study of Causation in Epidemiologic Investigation and Research
Common Research Designs Used in Epidemiology
Assessment of Risk and Benefit in Epidemiologic Studies
Understanding Errors in Clinical Medicine
Improving Decisions in Clinical Medicine
Describing Variation in Data
Statistical Inference and Hypothesis Testing
Sample Size, Randomization, and Probability Theory
PREVENTIVE MEDICINE AND PUBLIC HEALTH
Introduction to Preventive Medicine
Methods of Primary Prevention: Health Promotion
Methods of Primary Prevention: Specific Protection
Methods of Secondary Prevention
Methods of Tertiary Prevention
The Public Health System: Structure and Function
Medical Care Organization, Policy, and Financing
Epidemiologic and Medical Glossary