Operations Management in Agriculture bridges the knowledge gap on operations management for agricultural machinery. It complements traditional topics (cost of using and choosing machinery) with advanced engineering approaches recently applied in agricultural machinery management (area coverage planning and sequential scheduling). The book covers new technologies in bio-production systems (robotics, IoT) and environmental compliance by employing a systems engineering perspective with focuses on sub-systems, including advanced optimization, supply chain systems, sustainability, autonomous vehicles and IT-driven decision-making. It will be a valuable resource for students studying decision-making and those working to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of production through machinery choice.
- Covers agricultural machinery management related courses and a number of other courses within the agricultural engineering discipline
- Provides core tools for machine operations management, including machinery selection and cost of usage
- Presents current knowledge for agricultural machinery management in a science-based format
- Kutz, Handbook of Farm, Dairy and Food Machinery Engineering, 2e, 2013, 9780123858818, $249.95
- Chaddad, The Economics and Organization of Brazilian Agriculture, 9780128016954, $79.95
Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of Agricultural Science and Engineering Faculties that involve the discipline of "Agricultural Engineering" (in various Universities entitled also as "Biosystems Engineering" or "Agricultural and Biological Engineering"). Function and Management of Agricultural Machines in Plant Production, Off-Road Equipment Engineering, Precision Agriculture, Agricultural Systems Management, Advanced Agricultural Operations Management, Farm machinery, Agricultural machinery contractors, Agricultural Consultants, Agricultural associations