With Wounds and Lacerations: Emergency Care and Closure, you'll get clear, concise guidance on the latest techniques and strategies for treating lacerations, wounds, and burns. This medical reference book will help you optimize every aspect of patient care based on current literature and guidelines.
- Expedite review and reference with a bulleted "Key Practice Points" section at the beginning of each chapter.
- Quickly reference the latest recommendations for tetanus and rabies prophylaxis.
- Implement the latest approaches for the use of ultrasound in foreign-body detection and removal; use of absorbable sutures on the face and hand; approaching complicated infections such as MRSA; managing chronic wounds seen in elderly and diabetic patients; applying new suture techniques and materials for pediatric patients; and updated recommendations for tetanus and rabies prophylaxis.
- Get step-by-step visual guidance on all aspects of wound care through more than 300 detailed line drawings and photographs showing techniques for wound assessment, irrigation, closure, wound dressing, foreign body removal, administration of local anesthesia, and follow-up care.
- Quickly find all the relevant information necessary to treat patients with material that focuses only on injuries that are handled by emergency physicians.
- On the scene or at the hospital, search the complete contents online at expertconsult.com.
CHAPTER 1 Emergency Wound Care: An Overview
CHAPTER 2 Patient Evaluation and Wound Assessment
CHAPTER 3 Anatomy of Wound Repair
CHAPTER 4 Wound Healing and Cosmetic Outcome
CHAPTER 5 Wound Care and the Pediatric Patient
CHAPTER 6 Infiltration and Nerve Block Anesthesia
CHAPTER 7 Wound Cleansing and Irrigation
CHAPTER 8 Instruments, Suture Materials, and Closure Choices
CHAPTER 9 Decisions before Closure: Timing, Débridement, and Consultation
CHAPTER 10 Basic Laceration Repair: Principles and Techniques
CHAPTER 11 Complex Skin Wounds: Advanced Repair Techniques
CHAPTER 12 Special Anatomic Sites
CHAPTER 13 The Hand
Chapter 14 Tissue Adhesives and Alternative Wound Closure
CHAPTER 15 Bite Wounds
CHAPTER 16 Common Wound Care Problems
CHAPTER 17 Minor Thermal Burns
CHAPTER 18 Cutaneous and Superficial Abscesses
CHAPTER 19 Complicated, Chronic, and Aging Skin Wounds
CHAPTER 20 Wound Dressing and Bandaging Techniques
CHAPTER 21 Tetanus Immunity and Antibiotic Wound Prophylaxis
CHAPTER 22 Suture Removal and Wound Aftercare
1-4160-3623-7, 978-1-4160-3623-4, Roberts & Hedges: Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine, Expert Consult - Online and Print, 5e, Oct-2009
0-323-05472-2, 978-0-323-05472-0, Marx, Hockberger & Walls: Rosen's Emergency Medicine - Concepts and Clinical Practice, 2-Volume Set, Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print, 7e, Aug-2009
Emergency medicine physicians and residents
Family Practice Physicians