Master the latest medical and cosmetic procedures with Surgery of the Skin, the most comprehensive dermatological surgery resource available. Written from the surgeon?s perspective, this medical reference book features step-by-step guidance on performing the most updated developments and cutting edge approaches across the entire spectrum of dermatologic surgery.Surgery of the Skin was awarded the prize.
"Major Contribution - Book" Reviewed by the Romanian Medical Association, 2015
"Dermatologists, both experienced and inexperienced, along with residents and other doctors interested in cutaneous and aesthetic surgery will greatly benefit from referring to this book." Reviewed by Lisa Naysmith, Section Editor on behalf of Acta Dermato-Venereologica, March 2015
- Improve surgical results and avoid pitfalls with expert, evidence-based guidance.
- Stay on the cutting edge with in-depth step-by-step descriptions of tumescent vertical vector facelifts, blepharoplasty, composite grafts, Botox treatments, soft tissue augmentation, management of dysplastic nevi and melanoma, and more.
- View immersive videos from an expanded library with more than 130 clips totaling over six hour's footage.
- Explore brand-new chapters on rejuvenation of the female external genitalia; hidradenitis suppurativa; and photoaging-related mottled pigmentation.
- Improve treatment outcomes for patients with skin of color and gain a truly global perspective of dermatologic surgery through an expanded contributor group of leading international experts.
- Master how to perform cutting-edge techniques across the entire spectrum of dermatologic surgery, including botulinum toxins; fillers; cryosurgery; flaps; grafting; scar revisions; lasers; face-lift techniques; blepharoplasty techniques; Mohs surgery; and more.
- Effectively manage a full range of complex disorders, such as vitiligo surgery, keloids, and leg ulcers, with a unique section devoted to these special procedures.
- Easily visualize complex procedures and concepts with more than 1,000 illustrations, photos, and graphics.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
PART ONE: BASIC SURGICAL CONCEPTS
1 Anatomy for Procedural Dermatology
3 Anesthesia and Analgesia
4 Instruments and Materials
5 Patient Evaluation, Informed Consent, Preoperative Assessment and Care
7 Wound Healing
8 Wound Healing and its Impact on Dressings and Postoperative Care
PART TWO: ESSENTIAL SURGICAL SKILLS
9 Electrosurgery, Electrocoagulation, Electrofulguration, Electrodesiccation, Electrosection, Electrocautery
11 Skin Biopsy Techniques
12 Incision, Draining, and Exteriorization Techniques
13 Suturing Materials, and Epidermal Closure Techniques
14 Complex Layered Facial Closures
16 Ellipse, Ellipse Variations, and Dog-ear Repairs
17 Random Pattern Cutaneous Flaps
18 Axial Pattern Flaps
19 Skin Grafting
20 Scar Revision
PART THREE: AESTHETIC SURGICAL PROCEDURES
21 Psychosocial Issues and the Cosmetic Surgery Patient
22 Evaluation and Management of the Aging Face
23 Soft Tissue Augmentation
24 Chemical Peels
26 Botulinum Toxins
28 Autologous Fat Transfer: Evolving Concepts and Techniques
29 Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation
30 Laser Hair Removal
31 Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion
32 Laser Treatment of Tattoos and Pigmented Lesions
33 Energy-based Treatment of the Aging Face for Skin Resurfacing: Ablative and Non-ablative Lasers, Photodynamic Therapy of Photoaging and Actinic Damage
34 Laser and Light Treatment of Acquired and Congenital Vascular Lesions
35 Sclerotherapy of Varicose Veins
36 Endovenous Ablation Techniques with Ambulatory Phlebectomy for Varicose Veins
37 Minimum Incision Face Lift
38 Vertical Vector Face Lift with Local Anesthesia
39 Blepharoplasty and Brow Lift
40 Rejuvenation of the Neck Using Liposuction and Other Techniques
PART FOUR: SPECIAL PROCEDURES
41 Keloid Management
42 Vitiligo Surgery
43 Management of Dysplastic Nevi and Melanomas
44 Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology
45 Leg Ulcer Management
46 Nail Surgery
47 Repair of the Split Earlobe, Ear Piercing, and Earlobe Reduction
Sirunya Silapunt and Leonard H Goldberg
PART FIVE: OFFICE-BASED SURGERY: PHYSICAL AND REGULATORY
48 Design of the Surgical Suite, Including Large Equipment and Monitoring Devices
49 Dermatology Office Accreditation
"The text throughout is well written and easy to read with informative summary boxes. The numerous illustrations and colour images are particularly helpful. Noteworthy are the accompanying videos. It is all very well reading about suturing techniques and surgical procedures, but the usefulness of actually seeing how to do the procedures mentioned in the text cannot be overestimated." Reviewed by Lisa Naysmith, Section Editor on behalf of Acta Dermato-Venereologica, March 2015