Develop the clinical nursing judgment you need to succeed on the Next Generation NCLEX® Exam (NGN) and in clinical practice! Strategies, Techniques, & Approaches to Critical Thinking: A Clinical Judgment Workbook for Nurses, 7th Edition uses a case-based, workbook format to help you build clinical judgment skills. The clear, step-by-step approach helps you learn and apply essential nursing knowledge, guiding you through increasingly sophisticated levels of critical thinking, clinical judgment, priority setting, and decision making. From respected educator Sandra Luz Martinez de Castillo, this edition adds updates to reflect the NGN and continues to emphasize QSEN competencies, interprofessional collaboration, and nursing leadership and delegation. More than 100 clinical situations help you practice clinical judgment!
- UNIQUE! Step-by-step approach builds your skills in critical thinking, clinical decision making, and clinical judgment, walking you through the author's research-based critical thinking model.
- More than 100 true-to-life clinical situations demonstrate how cases progress and complications arise, helping you develop increasingly sophisticated levels of critical thinking.
- Emphasis on prioritization helps you prepare for the NGN and for nursing practice.
- Integrated NCLEX® Examination review helps you apply critical thinking skills to test questions and prepares you for the state boards.
- Integration of the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies and the Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice equips you for safe practice and interprofessional collaboration.
- NEW! Updates reflect the Next Generation NCLEX® Examination (NGN) and include careful attention to NCLEX Examination formatting such as boldfacing key words and referencing "healthcare providers" versus "physicians."
- NEW! Enhanced emphasis on application-level questions includes an increased percentage of alternate-format questions.
- NEW emphasis on outpatient scenarios that demonstrate clinical judgment shows the application of skills to nursing roles outside of the acute care setting.
- NEW! Updated nursing diagnoses reflect the latest NANDA-I taxonomy to ensure familiarity with the most current NANDA-approved diagnostic language.
- NEW! Enhanced integration of the Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice supports a focus on interprofessional collaborative care.
Section 2: Priority Setting and Decision Making
Section 3: Clinical Judgment Model Application
Section 4: Management and Leadership
Section 5: NCLEX Examination Preparation
Section 6: Professional Nursing Practice
Section 7: Applying Clinical Judgment Skills