- Focuses on the clinical application of science to the bedside, including clinical pearls discussing best practice approaches and guidelines.
- Integrates the latest research on the origins of allergy in early life, including pregnancy, the neonate, and infants.
- Includes new, evidence-based management guidelines for various diseases, including food allergy, atopic dermatitis, asthma and immunodeficiency.
- Provides new content on the prevention of allergies; asthma, eczema, and food allergies in young children; and extensive current guidelines and new therapies.
- Offers up-to-date information on key areas such as food challenges, skin testing, IgE diagnostic labs, immunotherapy, clinical immunology diagnostic testing, molecular diagnostics, and lung function testing.
- Highlights current guidance from a new team of leading experts with 150 anatomic schematics, clinical photos, and algorithms—many new to this edition.
- Covers gene therapy, stem-cell therapy, and a host of immunodeficiency diseases found in children with allergies.
- Discusses targeted biologics for severe allergic diseases, defects of innate immunity, rheumatic diseases of childhood, and inflammatory disorders.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
"All in all this book covers vast range of topics related with indoor, out-door allergen induced responses including the basic principles of immunology and diseases in children. Primarily, this multi-author book presents deeper understanding of the pathophysiology in a concerted manner. The same makes this book collectable for those clinicians interested in most up-to-date text on allergic conditions and the generalists who will benefitting from learning about wide range of expressions of Immunological challenges children are exposed to in the modern age."