The only textbook of its kind, Clinical Herbalism: Plant Wisdom from East and West is an ideal resource for anyone interested in herbal therapy. With comprehensive, clearly written coverage of Western and Chinese herbs for each body system, this brand-new text offers case histories, along with easy-to-understand instructions for preparing tinctures, percolations, dual extractions, and much more.
- Integration of Western and Chinese herbal therapeutics presents health challenges from an energetic context, making it especially useful for those with minimal Chinese Medicine training.
- Complete coverage addresses a wide variety of topics, including theory, wildcrafting, apothecary, herbal remedy-making, client interaction, and creating and dispensing formulas.
- Compendium of Western and Chinese herbs covers usages, contraindications, and herb-drug interactions with an emphasis on herbal safety.
- Comparison of Western diseases and Chinese syndromes helps pinpoint which herbs and formulas best match a person’s health condition.
- Case histories present specific therapeutic principles and suggested formulas on conditions commonly faced by herbalists.
- Explicit instructions detail how to make salves, lotions, and syrups, plus tinctures, percolations, and dual extractions, including calculations, proportions, and worksheets.
- Functional medicine principles address the root causes of common chronic Western diseases.
Chapter 1 From the Heart
Chapter 2 History of Herbalism
Chapter 3 Philosophical Constructs of Herbology
Chapter 4 Taxonomy and Botany for Herbalists
Chapter 5 Wildcrafting, Preparation, Storage and Purchasing
Chapter 6 Types of Herbal Remedies
Chapter 7 Preparation of Tinctures, Infused Oils, Salves, Lotions, Creams, and Syrups
Chapter 8 Chemical Constituents for Herbalists
Chapter 9 Basic Concepts of Chinese Medicine
Chapter 10 Energetics and Western Herbology
Chapter 11 Basic Materia Medica
Chapter 12 Materia Medica Groupings
Chapter 13 Herbal Safety
Chapter 14 Formulating, Dispensing and Dosing
Chapter 15 History, Assessment, and Documentation
Chapter 16 Maintaining the Body in Health
Chapter 17 Infection and Toxicosis
Chapter 18 The gastrointestinal System
Chapter 19 The Hepatobiliary System
Chapter 20 The Respiratory System
Chapter 21 Pediatrics
Chapter 22 The Cardiovascular System
Chapter 23 The Neurological System
Chapter 24 The Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 25 The Integumentary System
Chapter 26 The Urinary System
Chapter 27 The Endocrine system
Chapter 28 The Reproductive System
Chapter 29 Herbal Legalities
Chapter 30 Building Your Practice