This easy-to-use, chapter-by-chapter companion to Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 6th Edition helps you solidify your understanding and mastery of key skills and concepts. Each chapter of this combination workbook and lab manual contains a wide variety of review questions, exercises, and experiential lab activities to help reinforce key concepts, encourage you to reflect critically, and relate to practice for success on the job. Combined with the core textbook, this learning package takes you from day one through graduation and certification!
- Comprehensive content aligns with ASHP competencies and certification exam coverage.
- Reinforce Key Concepts sections offer valuable review and practice.
- Reflect Critically sections with realistic scenarios encourage content assimilation and application.
- Relate to Practice sections with laboratory exercises provide hands-on practice to promote multi-dimensional skills mastery.
- Skills checklists correlated to textbook procedures enable you to track your progress on key competencies.
- NEW! Additional content ensures thorough coverage of all entry-level and many advanced ASHP accreditation competencies, including:
- Wellness, disease prevention, and immunizations
- Medication compliance and point-of-care testing
- Professional and regulatory standards
- Medication requiring special handling and documentation
- Nonsterile and sterile compounding
- Advanced Pharmacy Technician duties
Unit One – Pharmacy Practice
1 History of Medicine and Pharmacy
2 Pharmacy Law, Ethics, and Regulatory Agencies
3 Competencies, Associations, and Settings for Technicians
4 Communication and Role of the Technician with the Customer/Patient
5 Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration
6 Conversions and Calculations
7 Drug Information References
8 Community Pharmacy Practice
9 Institutional Pharmacy Practice
10 Additional Pharmacy Practice Settings and Advanced Roles for Technicians
11 Bulk Repackaging and Non-Sterile Compounding
12 Aseptic Technique and Sterile Compounding
13 Pharmacy Billing and Inventory Management
14 Medication Safety and Error Prevention
15 Pharmacy Operations Management
Unit Two – Pharmacology and Medications
16 Drug Classifications and Foundations
17 Therapeutic Agents for the Gastrointestinal System
18 Therapeutic Agents for the Musculoskeletal System
19 Therapeutic Agents for the Nervous System
20 Therapeutic Agents for the Immune System
21 Therapeutic Agents for the Cardiovascular System
22 Therapeutic Agents for the Respiratory System
23 Therapeutic Agents for the Endocrine System
24 Therapeutic Agents for the Renal System
25 Therapeutic Agents for the Reproductive System
26 Therapeutic Agents for Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat
27 Therapeutic Agents for the Dermatologic System
28 Therapeutic Agents for the Hematologic System
29 Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications
30 Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)