Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, 5th Edition guides you through the wide variety of diseases that may affect the oral and maxillofacial region. More than 1,500 radiographs and full-color clinical photos bring various lesions and conditions to life. Updates in this edition include coverage of the latest advances in oral squamous cell carcinoma treatment, HPV, and molecular pathology, along with revised content throughout. Well-known oral pathology educators Brad Neville, Douglas Damm, Carl Allen, and Angela Chi, bring you up to date on the latest concepts of pathogenesis and disease management in the care of patients with oral disease.
- Comprehensive, contemporary overview of oral and maxillofacial pathology includes a detailed description of each individual lesion or pathologic condition and the kind of pathologic process that it represents, followed by a discussion of its clinical and/or radiographic presentation, histopathologic features, and its treatment and prognosis.
- Coverage of the latest concepts of pathogenesis and disease management helps you understand the diseases that affect oral and maxillofacial structures, how to formulate an accurate diagnosis, and how to institute proper treatment.
- More than 1,500 radiographs and full-color clinical photos facilitate the identification and classification of lesions and disease states.
- Logical organization by body system or disease process makes it easy to look up specific conditions.
- Comprehensive appendix on differential diagnosis organizes disease entities according to their most prominent or identifiable clinical features, helping you find and formulate differential diagnoses.
- NEW! An ebook version is included with print purchase. The ebook allows you to access all the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. Plus, it includes prescriptions for oral diseases, differential diagnosis of clinical cases, and practice questions.
- Updated content on the latest breakthroughs in oral squamous cell carcinoma treatment, HPV, and molecular pathology addresses some of today’s leading topics in oral pathology research.
2. Abnormalities of Teeth
3. Pulpal and Periapical Disease
4. Periodontal Diseases
5. Bacterial Infections
6. Fungal and Protozoal Diseases
7. Viral Infections
8. Physical and Chemical Injuries
9. Allergies and Immunologic Diseases
10. Epithelial Pathology
11. Salivary Gland Pathology
12. Soft Tissue Tumors
13. Hematologic Disorders
14. Bone Pathology
15. Odontogenic Cysts and Tumors
16. Dermatologic Diseases
17. Oral Manifestations of Systemic Diseases
18. Facial Pain and Neuromuscular Diseases
19. Forensic Dentistry
Appendix: Differential Diagnosis of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases