Little and Falace’s Dental Management of the Medically Compromised Patient, 10th Edition, is thoroughly revised to provide the information needed to assess common problems and make safe dental management decisions. This new edition contains revised content on Cancer and Women’s Health and includes an enhanced ebook plus patient-based practice questions with print purchase. Also, each chapter features informative illustrations and well-organized tables to provide you with in-depth details and overall summaries required for understanding and applying medical concepts in dentistry.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised content provides the most current, evidence-based information you need to make dental management decisions.
- UPDATED! Information correlating to the revised INBDE exam prepares you for the boards.
- NEW! An ebook version is included with print purchase. The ebook allows you to access all the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. Plus, patient-based questions are included.
- UPDATED! Revised coverage of Women’s Health addresses issues specific to women that can impact dental management.
- NEW! Completely revised chapter on Cancer discusses essential considerations for the oral care of these patients.
- NEW! Key Points at the beginning of each chapter highlight important content to guide study efforts.
2 Infective Endocarditis
4 Ischemic Heart Disease
5 Cardiac Arrhythmias
6 Heart Failure (Congestive Heart Failure)
7 Pulmonary Disease
8 Smoking and Tobacco Use Cessation
9 Sleep Disordered Breathing
10 Liver Disease
11 Gastrointestinal Diseases
12 Chronic Kidney Disease and Dialysis
13 Sexually Transmitted Diseases
14 Diabetes Mellitus
15 Adrenal Insufficiency
16 Thyroid Diseases
17 Women's Health Issues
18 AIDS, HIV Infection, and Related Conditions
20 Rheumatologic Disorders
21 Organ Transplantation
22 Disorders of Red Blood Cells
23 Disorders of White Blood Cells
24 Acquired Bleeding Disorders
25 Congenital Bleeding and Hypercoagulable Disorders
26 Cancer and Oral Care of Patients With Cancer
27 Neurologic Disorders
28 Psychiatric Disorders
29 Substance Use Disorders
Appendix A:Guide to Management of Common Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
Appendix B:Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health Care Settings
Appendix C: Therapeutic Management of Common Oral Lesions
Appendix D:Drug Interactions of Significance in Dentistry
Appendix E:Herbal Supplements Used in Complementary and Alternative Medicine of Potential Importance in Dentistry
Answers to Practice Test Questions
Undergraduate and graduate dental students; dental hygiene students
- 25,010 undergraduate and 7,290 graduate dental students in 65 accredited programs
20,902 dental hygiene students in 320 accredited programs