Designed to support the trusted content in Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant, 15th Edition, this study guide is an essential review and practice companion to reinforce key concepts, encourage critical thinking, and help you apply medical assisting content. This robust companion guide offers a wide range of activities to strengthen your understanding of common administrative skills — including certification preparation questions, a review of medical terminology and anatomy, and application exercises. Trusted for more than 65 years as a key part of the journey from classroom to career, it also features competency checklists to accurately measure your progress and performance from day one until you land your first job as a medical assistant.
- Approximately 70 step-by-step procedure checklists enable you to assess and track your performance for every procedure included in the textbook.
- Chapter-by-chapter correlation with the textbook allows you to easily follow core textbook competencies.
- Matching and acronym activities reinforce your understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and chapter vocabulary.
- Short-answer and fill-in-the-blank exercises strengthen your comprehension of key concepts.
- Multiple-choice questions help you prepare for classroom and board exams.
- Workplace application exercises promote critical thinking and job readiness before you enter practice.
- Internet exercises offer ideas for expanded and project-based learning.
- NEW! Content aligns to 2022 medical assisting educational competencies.
- NEW and UPDATED! Comprehensive coverage of all administrative functions complies with accreditation requirements and includes insurance, coding, privacy and security, telehealth logistics, and more.
Chapter 2 Therapeutic Communication
Chapter 3 Legal Principles
Chapter 4 Healthcare Laws
Chapter 5 Healthcare Ethics
Chapter 6 Introduction to Medical Terminology and Anatomy
Chapter 7 Patient Coaching
Chapter 8 Technology
Chapter 9 Written Communication
Chapter 10 Telephone Techniques
Chapter 11 Scheduling Appointments and Patient Processing
Chapter 12 Health Records
Chapter 13 Daily Operations and Safety
Chapter 14 Principles of Pharmacology
Chapter 15 Health Insurance Essentials
Chapter 16 Diagnostic Coding Essentials
Chapter 17 Procedural Coding Essentials
Chapter 18 Medical Billing and Reimbursement Essentials
Chapter 19 Patient Accounts and Practice Management
Chapter 20 Advanced Roles in Administration
Chapter 21 Medical Emergencies
Chapter 22 Skills and Strategies
Medical Assisting students
- Estimated annual enrollment 145,000 (IPEDS)
- 403 programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
395 programs accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)