To find the clinical facts you need to know, make this pocket guide your constant companion! Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing, 11th Edition includes the hard-to-remember facts, lab values, and abbreviations that are essential to providing optimal nursing care. Organized by the major concepts and principles of your nursing fundamentals course, this reference features a quick-access format with summary tables and bulleted lists. The Clinical Companion makes retrieving, reviewing, and retaining clinical facts and figures easier than ever!
- Basic facts and figures, standard values, care guidelines and more provide the background frequently needed in a reference for clinical practice.
- At-a-glance content is provided in outline, list, and tabular formats for easy lookup and review.
- Detailed information on medications helps to prevent medication errors and ensure safe practice, with topics including dosage calculations, compatibilities, conversions, and administration.
- Vital Signs chapter contains everything you need to know to quickly and accurately obtain vital signs.
- Physical Assessment chapter provides a systematic and thorough approach to health assessment.
- Interprofessional Collaboration and Delegation chapter explains the role of the nurse within the larger healthcare team.
- Pressure injury information includes prevention and care guidelines.
- Medical, Nursing, and Health Professions Terminology chapter acts as a quick medical terminology refresher and helps you understand clinical terms as they are encountered.
- Concise, pocket-sized format ensures portability for use in the clinical setting.
- NEW! A Clinical Judgment and the Nursing Process chapter is added to this edition.
CHAPTER 2 Communication
CHAPTER 3 Interprofessional Collaboration and Delegation
CHAPTER 4 Clinical Judgment and the Nursing Process
CHAPTER 5 Documentation
CHAPTER 6 Patient Interview
CHAPTER 7 Vital Signs
CHAPTER 8 Physical Assessmen
CHAPTER 9 Pain Assessment
CHAPTER 10 Skin, Hair, and Nail Assessment
CHAPTER 11 Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat Assessment (HEENT)
CHAPTER 12 Respiratory Assessment
CHAPTER 13 Cardiac and Peripheral Vascular Assessment
CHAPTER 14 Musculoskeletal Assessment
CHAPTER 15 Neurological Assessment
CHAPTER 16 Abdominal Assessment
CHAPTER 17 Breast and Genital Assessment
CHAPTER 18 Safety
CHAPTER 19 Equivalents and Dosage Calculation
CHAPTER 20 Medication Administration
CHAPTER 21 Infection Control
CHAPTER 22 Mobility and Positioning
CHAPTER 23 Personal Care
CHAPTER 24 Wound Care
CHAPTER 25 Oxygen Administration
CHAPTER 26 Nutrition and Diets
CHAPTER 27 Diagnostic Testing and Procedures
CHAPTER 28 Preoperative and Postoperative Care
CHAPTER 29 Emergent Clinical Situations
CHAPTER 30 Death and Dying