Learn to read, write, and speak in medical terms in no time! Ideal for one-semester courses and self-study, Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 10th Edition covers disorders, diagnosis, and treatment with a strong focus on anatomy. This clear, concise text presents small bits of information, followed immediately by a test for comprehension, using a combination of programmed and traditional review questions. This edition includes additional health care reports and review exercises, as well as new and updated terminology, images, and illustrations. With help from resources on the companion Evolve website, Quick & Easy Medical Terminology provides simple tools you need for good communication in the health care environment.
- Programmed learning approach improves comprehension by offering immediate feedback.
- Focus on basic word-building skills enables quick and easy learning, making this text perfect for shorter, one- or two-credit medical terminology courses or self-study.
- Integrated review exercises provide frequent tests of knowledge and retention of material.
- Quick Tips located throughout the text provide fun facts and memory aids.
- Evolve Student Resources include games, activities, animations, pharmacology, and audio terms, all of which offer a wealth of additional opportunities to quickly gauge areas of strength and weakness in a fun and interactive environment.
- NEW! Additional health care reports with review exercises facilitate the study of terminology in documents like those seen in the clinical setting.
- NEW and UPDATED! Terms, definitions, and procedures keep you up to date with the latest terminology and healthcare advances.
- NEW and UPDATED! Professional photos and detailed body system illustrations clearly and consistently reinforce complex terms and procedures.
1. Simplified Medical Language
2. Suffixes and Combining Forms Made Easy
3. Essential Prefixes and More
4. Diagnostic Procedures and Therapeutic Interventions
5. The Body as a Whole
Part Two: Body Systems
6. Musculoskeletal System
7. Circulatory System
8. Respiratory System
9. Digestive System
10. Urinary System
11. Reproductive System
12. Integumentary System
13. Nervous System and Psychologic Disorders
14. Special Sensory Organs of the Peripheral Nervous System
15. Endocrine System