The unique and award-winning Unofficial Guides series is a collaboration between senior students, junior doctors and specialty experts. This combination of contributors understands what is essential to excel on your course, in exams and in practice – as well as the importance of presenting information in a clear, fun and engaging way. Packed with hints and tips from those in the know, when you are in a hurry and need a study companion you can trust, reach for an Unofficial Guide.
Candidate Briefings, Patient Briefings and Mark Schemes allows you to role play a real life OSCE exam. It walks you through each station you will encounter– complete with a briefing for the actor playing the patient, a briefing for the student, and a mark scheme and questions to ask for the examiner.
Ideal for OSCE candidates as a clear, compact revision guide, this book will also make a useful day-to-day reference guide for professionals.
- Companion to The Unofficial Guide to Passing OSCEs 4e
- Provides a step-by-step, practical guide to all OSCE exams and revision
- Practice examples of examiner questions, with model answers, to minimise the risk of surprises on the day
- Written and reviewed by doctors and senior medical students – practical guidance from those in the know
- Facilitates practice in groups of 2-3 as if going through the real exam
- References COVID regulations for exams
- New matched stations around data interpretation and ophthalmology
- Multiple answers to examiner questions in each scenario
1 History Taking - 23 stations
2 Clinical Examination - 23 stations
3 Orthopaedic Examinations - 9 stations
4 Communication Skills - 17 stations
5 Data Interpretation - 17 stations
6 Practical Skills - 8 stations
7 Obstetrics and Gynaecology - 17 stations
8 Psychiatry - 10 stations
9 Paediatrics - 15 stations
10 Ophthalmology - 8 stations
11 Prescribing - 12 stations
12 Hospital Documentation - 4 stations