Tropical Infectious Diseases: Principles, Pathogens and Practice, by Drs. Richard L. Guerrant, David H. Walker, and Peter F. Weller, delivers the expert, encyclopedic guidance you need to overcome the toughest clinical challenges in diagnosing and treating diseases caused by infectious agents from tropical regions. Sweeping updates to this 3rd edition include vaccines, SARS, hepatitis A-E, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, tick-borne encephalitis and Omsk hemorrhagic fever, human papilloma virus, and mucormycosis. New full-color images throughout allow you to more accurately view the clinical manifestations of each disease and better visualize the life cycles of infectious agents. And, full-text online access at www.expertconsult.com enables you to perform quick searches and rapidly locate and download images. Definitive, state-of-the-art coverage of pathophysiology as well as clinical management makes this the reference you’ll want to consult - online and in print - whenever you are confronted with tropical infections, whether familiar or unfamiliar!
- Obtain complete and trustworthy advice from hundreds of the leading experts on tropical diseases worldwide, including cutting-edge summaries of pathophysiology and epidemiology as well as clinical management.
- Get the latest answers on vaccines, SARS, hepatitis A-E, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, tick-borne encephalitis and Omsk hemorrhagic fever, human papilloma virus, mucormycosis, and much more.
- Implement best practices from all over the world with guidance from almost twice as many international authors - over 100 representing more than 35 countries.
- Accurately view the clinical manifestations of each disease and visualize the life cycles of infectious agents with new full-color images throughout.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, rapidly searchable; rapidly locate and download all of the images in either PowerPoint or JPEG format; and follow links to PubMed abstracts for most references.
- Reference the book more easily thanks to a new streamlined, single-volume format, with all of the references online.
"A superb collection of well-written, well-organized, and authoritative chapters that are as up to date as possible. Almost every chapter is outstanding and some are classics in their own right. The authors represent a who's who of experts on modern tropical infectious diseases." – The New England Journal of Medicine, review of the 2nd Edition
"This is the third edition of an excellent, edited, comprehensive book that presents the scientific basis for the current understanding of tropical infectious diseases. This book succeeds in its effort to be the definitive work on the newest concepts in the field as well as a practical guide to clinical management of tropical infectious diseases. The addition of new topics, such as vaccines and new pathogens, make this update a worthwhile addition to one's library."
— Winnie Ooi, MD, MPH, DMD, Harvard Medical School
4 Star - Doody Rating, March 2013
978-0-7020-4060-3, Morse, Holmes & Ballard: Atlas of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS, Expert Consult, 4e, Nov-2010
978-0-323-04579-7, Cohen, Powderly & Opal: Infectious Diseases, Expert Consult: Online and Print - 2 Volume Set, 3e, May-2010
978-0-7234-3503-7, Cohen, Powderly & Opal: Infectious Diseases, Expert Consult Premium Edition: Enhanced Online Features and Print, 3e, May-2010