Take a simple approach to understanding the fundamentals with Wheater's Functional Histology. Offering concise text accompanied by hundreds of captions and images of histology slides, this best-selling textbook will equip you with all the must-know histology information you need to complete your courses and ace your exams.
All (print) purchasers receive the complete, downloadable eBook (via Student Consult) - which now includes an all new bank of multiple choice questions to test your understanding and aid exam preparation.
- Recognize the microscopic structure of normal human tissues and how it relates to function with the help of over 900 high-quality histology images and illustrations.
- Master how to apply histology in a clinical context through coverage of common clinical conditions in each chapter.
- Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, including all of the images, a virtual histolab, and USMLE-style self-assessment questions and rationales.
- updated text and captions with recent research/new discoveries
- replace approximately 15% of the total images in the book
- increase number of relevant text boxes
- increase molecular/cell biology
- include coverage of developmental tissues in some chapters e.g. development of lung, testis
- increase the review component
Part 1—The cell
1 Cell Structure and Function
2 Cell Cycle and Replication
Part 2—Basic tissue types
3 Blood, Haemopoiesis and Bone Marrow
4 Supporting/Connective Tissues
5 Epithelial Tissues
7 Nervous Tissues
Part 3—Organ systems
8 Circulatory System
10 Skeletal Tissues
11 Immune System
12 Respiratory System
13 Oral Tissues
14 Gastrointestinal Tract
15 Liver and Pancreas
16 Urinary System
17 The Endocrine System
18 Male Reproductive System
19 Female Reproductive System
20 Central Nervous System
21 Special Sense Organs
Appendix 1: Introduction to Microscopy
Appendix 2: Notes on Staining Techniques
Appendix 3: Glossary of Terms