The seventh edition of this BMA award-winning pocket guide provides essential information for doctors based on the comprehensive Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine – the highly respected, gold-standard textbook on the treatment and management of medical conditions.
Essentials is intended as an easy-to-access revision reference that provides important information for doctors on the ward, including normal values, medical emergencies, useful websites, abbreviations and a dictionary of terms.
This best-selling book has been fully updated and is accessible, coherent and concise, making it an essential companion for medical students, doctors and health professionals in the UK and around the world.
- Small and compact – can be taken anywhere
- Clearly laid out, logical and easy to follow
- Emergency guide for quick reference
- Illustrations and tables to enhance understanding
- New section on COVID-19
- New chapter on Elderly Medicine and Frailty
- Winner of the Internal Medicine category at the 2018 BMA Medical Book Awards
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
New FeaturesNew co-editor Euan Sandilands
New chapter on Elderly Medicine and Frailty
2 Infectious Diseases
3 Gastroenterology and Nutrition
4 Liver, Biliary Tract, and Pancreatic Disease
5 Haematological Disease
6 Malignant Disease
8 Water, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance
9 Renal Disease
10 Cardiovascular Disease
11 Respiratory Disease
12 Critical Care Medicine
13 Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
14 Endocrine Disease
15 Diabetes Mellitus and Other Disorders of Metabolism
16 The Special Senses
19 Elderly Medicine and Frailty
From customer reviews of the previous edition:
2018 BMA Awards: Winner, Internal Medicine
"This book is amazing helpful. It goes through every core condition you need and is simply written and to the point but has all the information that is needed.
As a medical student this book has been great for my studies"
"Great book, small enough to take on the wards, full of information on the go. I love it."
"Excellent little companion book."
"Good book. It has all the basics that student needs to revise, write assignments etc"
Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine
Kumar & Clark’s Cases in Clinical Medicine