An understanding of leadership and management theory and practice is integral to the success of a new generation of health and social care professionals, and managers of services. It is equally important for educators in the field. Leading and Managing in Contemporary Health and Social Care by Elizabeth Rosser and Cate Wood supports the development of all health and social care professionals as managers and leaders in today’s rapidly evolving environment.
This new title addresses pertinent topics including: integration and enhancement of health and social care services; interprofessional working; the importance of a strong organizational culture; developing individual resilience; leading innovation; and practising successful project and financial management within global and culturally sensitive contexts.
With a growing mandate for health and social care professionals to understand leadership and management within their organizations, and a strong appreciation of these skills by employers, this new book is an important contribution that students and educators alike will welcome.
- Comprehensive and authoritative text written by experts in their field
- Fifteen chapters offer current thinking from a range of different perspectives
- Presents leadership management theory that can be applied across a wide range of workplaces
- Includes summary points and case studies for reflection and application
- Ideal reference for Master’s students and those undertaking MBA courses with a focus on health and social care
1. Setting the global and regional context in contemporary health and social care
2. Leadership for 21st century health and social care: leading innovation
3. Crafting positive organizational culture and behaviour in 21st century health and social care: future implications for leadership
4. Strategic / Executive leadership in health and social care: through politics and power
5. Strong leadership: quality care, safety and safeguarding
6. Managing and leading people and teams - Building strong teams
7. Resilience/managing self and managing risk
8. The importance of communication in leadership and management in health and social care
9. Making data matter for strategic leadership
10. Financial management for leaders in health and social care
11. Leading and managing change
12. Responsible project management in health and social care
13. Coaching and mentorship for successful leadership
14. Global challenges facing health and social care leaders
15. Future implications for health and social care leadership