• Undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing students
• TAFE Diploma of Nursing students
• Bachelor Biomedical Science students
• Bachelor Paramedicine students
• Bachelor Pharmacy students
• Master of Nursing Science students
Understanding Pathophysiology, 2nd Edition has been extensively revised to include the most current science, clinical case material and pharmacology of pathophysiology, in an easy-to-understand and accessible format.
Beginning with essential concepts, the text examines the normal structure and function of each body system, followed by the alterations to that system caused by disease. Conditions particularly relevant to children and to the ageing are described in separate sections in each chapter to demonstrate disease processes across the life span.
Evolve Resources provides extensive support materials:
• Answer guide to focus on learning questions and case studies
• Image collection
• Instructor’s manual
• PowerPoint presentations
• Web links
• Test Bank
• Algorithm competition exercises
• Critical thinking questions
• Key terms (matching activity)
• Web links
• Concept maps – demonstrating key concepts addressed in each chapter
• Focus on Learning boxes, summarizing the key points in each chapter
• Australian and New Zealand clinical terminology
• Current health statistics to assist with the identification of conditions with the highest incidence, prevalence and relevance in our communities
• Expert contributors who provide both scientific and clinical knowledge
• End-of-chapter review questions with answers available via Evolve.
• Research in Focus boxes highlight scientific research, which has the potential to impact clinical practice
• New chapters devoted to the ageing population and their pathophysiological alterations
• New sections on Contemporary Health Issues, including stress, mental illness obesity and diabetes
• New chapter on Indigenous Health Issues in New Zealand
• More than 70 new and revised clinical case studies.