Just because A&P is complicated, doesn't mean learning it has to be. Anthony’s Textbook of Anatomy & Physiology, 21st Edition uses reader-friendly writing, visually engaging content, and a wide range of teaching and learning support to ensure classroom success. Focusing on the unifying themes of structure and function and homeostasis, author Kevin Patton uses a very conversational and easy-to-follow narrative to guide you through difficult A&P material. The 10th Edition has been updated to ensure you have a better understanding of how the entire body works together.
In addition, you can connect with the textbook through a number of free electronic resources, including an electronic colouring book, 3D animations, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) for Anatomy & Physiology ANZ 10e, and more! Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Anatomy & Physiology 10e, EAQ prepares you for tutorials, lectures and exams, with access to thousands of exam-style questions at your fingertips.
- Includes access to Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Anatomy & Physiology ANZ 10e:
- Over 2,500 self-quizzing questions and rationales localised to ANZ practice, terminology, spelling and ranges that allow you to advance at your own pace — based on performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter.
- A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress, and identify areas of strength and weakness.
- Conversational writing style makes text engaging and easy to understand.
- Updated Genetics chapter includes important advancements in that field.
- Updated content on osmosis revised to make it more simple and accurate.
- More than 1,400 full-colour photographs and drawings illustrate the most current scientific knowledge and bring difficult concepts to life. Includes a unique color key to show color scheme that is used consistently throughout the book (for example, bones are off white, enzymes are lime green, nucleus is purple).
- UNIQUE! Consistent unifying themes, such as the Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections in each chapter, help you comprehend the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
- Numerous feature boxes including: Language of Science and Language of Medicine, Mechanisms of Disease, Health Matters, Diagnostic Study, FYI, Sport and Fitness, and Career Choices provide interesting and important sidebars to the main content.
- Quick Check Questions reinforce learning by prompting you to review what you've just read.
- Chapter outlines, chapter objectives and study tips begin each chapter.
- NEW! Integrative Unit Closers ties together content with integrative critical thinking questions.
- NEW! Additional and updated Connect It! boxes (renamed from A&P Connect) provide relevant "bonus" information for you to explore.
- NEW! All-new animations in the text and on Evolve companion site help you understand the reasoning and knowledge behind each answer and assist with recalling correct answers.
UNIT ONE: The Body as a Whole1. Organization of the Body2. Homeostasis3. Chemical Basis of Life4. Biomolecules5. Cell Structure6. Cell Function7. Cell Growth and Development8. Introduction to Tissues9. Tissue Types
UNIT TWO: Support and Movement10. Skin11. Skeletal Tissues12. Axial Skeleton13. Appendicular Skeleton14. Articulations15. Axial Muscles16. Appendicular Muscles17. Muscle Contraction
UNIT THREE: Communication, Control, and Integration18. Nervous System Cells19. Nerve Signaling20. Central Nervous System21. Peripheral Nervous System22. Autonomic Nervous System23. General Senses24. Special Senses25. Endocrine Regulation26 Endocrine Glands
UNIT FOUR: Transportation and Defense27. Blood28. Heart29. Blood Vessels30. Circulation of Blood31. Lymphatic System32. Innate Immunity33. Adaptive Immunity34. Stress
UNIT FIVE: Respiration, Nutrition and Excretion35. Respiratory Tract36. Ventilation37. Gas Exchange and Transport38. Upper Digestive Tract39. Lower Digestive Tract40. Digestion and Absorption41. Nutrition and Metabolism42. Urinary System43. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance44 Acid-Base Balance
UNIT SIX: Reproduction and Development45. Male Reproductive System46. Female Reproductive System47. Growth and Development48. Genetics and Heredity