Get an unprecedented view of corneal disease with Cornea Atlas by Jay H. Krachmer, MD and David A. Palay, MD. Hailed as the sharpest, most accurate collection of corneal images available, it is the only atlas that offers such an easy-to-understand, up-to-date review of clinical presentations and surgical techniques for all corneal and external eye disorders.
"I have decided that I am going to buy this book for every rotating ophthalmology resident and give it to them to read and study (and keep) at the beginning of their cornea rotation!"
Reviewed by: Dr David Heidemann, March 2015
- Sharpen your diagnostic and surgical skills for all corneal and external eye disorders - including tumors, dystrophic and degenerative disorders, inflammatory diseases, corneal manifestations of systemic disease, traumatic injuries, and therapeutic and reconstructive surgical procedures.
- Rely on the expertise of internationally renowned ophthalmologists who have developed many innovative techniques for diagnosing and treating corneal and external eye diseases.
- Apply the latest techniques and advances in corneal disease and ophthalmology, including endothelial keratoplasty and deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (DALK).
- Gain clear visual guidance on the full range of corneal and external eye disorders thanks to 1300 of the best corneal images from the world's top ophthalmologists!
- Navigate a full range of challenges from routine procedures to post-operative complications.
- Identify and examine key diagnostic features through magnified insets.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at Expert Consult.
1 Corneal Slit Lamp Techniques
2 Diseases of the Lid: Anatomic Abnormalities
3 Diseases of the Lid: Tumors
4 Diseases of the Lid: Inflammatory (Blepharitis), Immunologic, Infectious, and Traumatic
5 Disorders of Tear Production and the Lacrimal System
6 Conjunctival Disease: Tumors and Anatomic Abnormalities
8 Normal Anatomy and Developmental Abnormalities of the Cornea
9 Corneal Manifestations of Systemic Disease and Therapy
10 Lid, Conjunctival, and Corneal Manifestations of Chemical and Biological Warfare
11 Corneal Dystrophies, Ectatic Disorders, and Degenerations
12 Corneal Infections
13 Interstitial Keratitis
14 Noninfectious Keratopathy
15 Immunologic Disorders of the Cornea
16 Corneal Trauma
17 Contact Lens Complications
18 Disorders of the Sclera
19 Iris Tumors
20 Anterior Uveitis
21 Penetrating Keratoplasty
22 Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK)
23 Endothelial Keratoplasty
24 Therapeutic and Reconstructive Procedures
25 Refractive Surgery
"Overall, this is an exceptionally well-produced book. It would be a valuable study guide for students, and it would be a valuable easily accessible resource for both new and experienced clinicians. It is a book that I highly recommend." Otometry and Vision Science, Vol. 91, No. 1
"This is a wonderful reference on anterior segment conditions. The addition of the chapter of slit lamp techniques is welcomed and can help even seasoned ophthalmologists to fine tune their slit lamp skills."-Elizabeth Chiang, MD, PhD(Northwesern university Feinbetg School of Medicine) Doody Review: 5 stars